ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What is social media?  (Read 7225 times)

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
Re: What is social media?
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2019, 03:17:07 PM »

Not sure if it's the same in the US, but in the UK, it is illegal to show photographs taken in court.  Instead, we often see pencil sketches on the news.

Steve.

That's been traditionally the case in the US, but I think here it is probably at the discretion of the court. Federal courts generally don't allow photographs, but some lower courts do.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2019, 03:23:10 PM »

Not sure if it's the same in the US, but in the UK, it is illegal to show photographs taken in court.  Instead, we often see pencil sketches on the news.

Steve.
Here in the Colonies, The Courts have prohibited cameras in their court rooms.  I'm not sure it's "illegal" in re a specific statute but a court has a lot of say in what is not permitted inside its courtrooms.

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Steven Harris

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 04:15:05 AM »

Well...if you can't post photos, can you at least do a hand drawing on some notebook paper of your set up so we can see that?   :-X

I've been refraining from posting any pics of the set up from m my new gig until we're through tech and at least have everything set up the way it will be on the road. And also, I'm not sure what exactly they will permit. I haven't signed any NDAs nor have they informed us of not posting anything.

Call it an abundance of professional caution on my part.
If the event is private and you can't take photos or video, then I wouldn't risk it. Most often, people sign non-disclosure documents at such events. I had such an experience, I participated in one of such events. And I can say that if I broke these rules and posted a photo on Instagram, I would then get a big fine. In addition, I could ruin the reputation of my account. My instagram page is both family and commercial because I decided to publish my business ads in order to get more clients. That's why I plan my actions and publications 10 steps ahead. By the way, I recently found out how to buy instagram likes to make my page popular. I hope this works out and I get more clients.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 01:07:26 AM by Steven Harris »

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2020, 04:27:26 AM »

Most often, people sign non-disclosure documents at such events.

... and sometimes, people bother to read the one big rule (which is pasted everywhere, including on a lot of the pages you clicked through to sign up) for this forum.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2020, 08:13:49 AM »

If the event is private and you can't take photos or video, then I wouldn't risk it. Most often, people sign non-disclosure documents at such events. I had such an experience, I participated in one of such events. And I can say that if I broke these rules and posted a photo on Instagram, I would then get a big fine.

Please go to your profile and change your name to conform with the forum posting rules.

Mac
Admin

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2020, 08:13:49 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.