ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: KW181 vs. New K-Cardioid  (Read 1778 times)

Jim McKeveny

KW181 vs. New K-Cardioid
« on: August 27, 2019, 09:44:41 AM »

Anyone have realworld experience or comments on the performance at that front of the box? I am totally appreciative of the rearward improvements, but at what costs up front? As we know, spec sheets for speakers are a pretty inadequate method of comparison..

Taylor Hall

Re: KW181 vs. New K-Cardioid
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 10:57:43 AM »

Really an apples to oranges comparison. But for overall output the KW181 will win every time.

They work ok in small spaces, but larger rooms or open air will swallow their output whole. Rig for the gig and all that. Really the only reason I'd consider one over the KW181 is if form factor is a make or break point and you absolutely have to have the rear rejection they offer. The KS212 is about 2/3 the width of a KW181 (15" vs 24") so you'd have an easier time tucking it in tight spaces.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 09:52:12 PM »

Anyone have realworld experience or comments on the performance at that front of the box? I am totally appreciative of the rearward improvements, but at what costs up front? As we know, spec sheets for speakers are a pretty inadequate method of comparison..

How many all-in-one-box cardioid subwoofers don't sound 'mushy' in front?  The least bad I've heard so far has been d&b.  Based on the price difference and prior experience with QSC speakers/subs - I'd rather have a higher-quality, non-cardioid subwoofer.  Danley, JTR, maybe BassBoss, etc.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Mal Brown

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 10:25:20 AM »

The rear cancellation thing is cool.  Output wise the 181 is stronger.  They are rather different tools.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 10:25:20 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.