Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 v4  (Read 7214 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: X32 v4
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2019, 10:49:38 PM »

Just a correction, V4 has the option for fast or slow faders. It is in the global settings I believe. There is an option in there for V1 faders or something like that. YOu have to reboot the mixer to enact them though. I prefer the slower moving faders though. They are quieter, don't rattle and are much smoother in motion when swapping layers. And I will be honest when I say that they change fast enough that quick changes can be made easily. If you switch layers and don't move your finger quick enough, they will still catch on them.

This option is in 4.01 not 4.0
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2019, 08:58:11 AM »

FWIW, I have had a M32R for about 4 years.  I have updated the Firmware to 4.01 and the Faders are working fine.  I changed to Fast mode and all is well.  I guess there might be a couple different versions of faders and a difference between Midas and Behringer?  My guess is that there will be a statement coming out.  There must have been a reason with the first update (4.0), that they moved everybody to slow Faders?  A prudent guy may want to read between the lines?  I haven't had an issue with fast faders for 4 years, so I'm staying!  I still have another 6 years of warranty!

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2019, 11:45:40 AM »

The update was already in one of the v3.x updates but users found out by skipping that version they could keep the faster faders.

Here is one of the official explanations:

So, at some point in M32/M32R production time, the faders got changed (reason unknown to me), and they had quite different characteristics (motor strenth, friction, ...)
This had to be handled on the SW side.
And obviously the old faders had issues with new firmware, and vice versa ... one of them was this oscillating end of run noise
Solution was to slow them down ... but ppl prefered the fast one skipped that faderboard update

This made the need for two different faderboard versions (thus the 3.12 update, and the V1 faders in 4.00)

Although 4.01 has a Fast Faders option, it might not work well for everyone (as originally it was for the 1st gen of faders), it shouldnt have been labelled that way in the setup, or at least there should have been some official explanation before

It is planned to try to minimise this noisy end of course issue on the fast fader option on the next update, but this explanation should underline the trickiness of the operation, as we must basically support two different fader characteristics on the same faderboard fw ... unless we find a different solution, we'll see

FWIW, I have had a M32R for about 4 years.  I have updated the Firmware to 4.01 and the Faders are working fine.  I changed to Fast mode and all is well.  I guess there might be a couple different versions of faders and a difference between Midas and Behringer?  My guess is that there will be a statement coming out.  There must have been a reason with the first update (4.0), that they moved everybody to slow Faders?  A prudent guy may want to read between the lines?  I haven't had an issue with fast faders for 4 years, so I'm staying!  I still have another 6 years of warranty!

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2019, 12:21:11 PM »

How do you switch between fader modes?

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2019, 04:37:39 PM »

In global settings, there is an option on the bottom center section that says faders.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Thomas Le

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2019, 05:29:37 PM »

Question for M32R users, v4.01 stable for you? Contemplating upgrading...

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2019, 08:19:10 PM »

Short answer: YES.

Long Answer: Yes, but I sure wish they left a couple of things alone. The only real change for 4.01 is the slow/fast fader setting. I prefer mine in the slow mode. I get much less chatter and I can move my hands out of the way fast enough.

The only thing I really dislike about the new updates is the labeling. They added new ways to move the cursor through the options and if you spin the wrong one, it can really slow you down. After spending 5+ years doing the cursor moves one way, it is hard to unlearn it. I have not seen any glitches or hangups at all and it has worked flawlessly for me with the older Ipad app version even. A coupel of things in thepap get weird, but it hasn't affected use or performance.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2019, 08:19:10 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.