ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: eBay $6.07 order...  (Read 3911 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
eBay $6.07 order...
« on: August 19, 2019, 08:54:30 AM »

For those of you who use eBay to sell....

I had ordered some little 1/4" to 3/8" mic adaptors from a company I had never used before on eBay. It was a small $6.07 order with free shipping.

They arrived and the machining was bad on 3 of them (not good odds) so I notified the company. They offered me a $2 refund.
I had been able to get a third adaptor to screw in properly by moving it back and forth by the time they repsonded and I was honest and told them that - so now I have 3 working pieces.
I told them I would accept a refund of $2.43 which was the cost to me of the (now) 2 pieces but that it was no problem to return the full order if this was not acceptable.
I realize we are talking pennies here but it's the principle - 3 of the 5 original pieces were defective - now 2 - and I shouldn't have to pay for something that I cannot use .....

Anyway, I got a response today that states,

" Dear buyer,
Thanks for your message.

We can refund 3USD to you as discount.
Before that, could you pls leave us a 5 star positive feedback?

Waiting for your reply.
Best regards."

I do not believe it is either ethical or within eBay policy to basically blackmail me into leaving a 5 star review BEFORE they will do the right thing and refund my money.

I am writing to the company explaining this and advising them that all these messages go through the eBay portal and they should be aware of this. Also I'm going to tell them to keep the $2.43 and I will go ahead and review accordingly.

Again , I realize we are not talking big bucks here and some of you might think I am splitting hairs but I just like to see companies stand up and do what's right over the small things so I have confidence in spending more money with them.

Ironically, I would have given them a 5 star rating anyway if they had done the right thing .....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

David Allred

Re: eBay $6.07 order...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 09:22:48 AM »

Ironically, I would have given them a 5 star rating anyway if they had done the right thing .....

Same here.   But I would have countered with... "After I get the refund, I will give a 5* with a brief note that there was a problem but was swiftly and professionally corrected". 

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 09:35:57 AM »

Tell them to show you THEIRS first ;) !

Reminds me of an Auto Dealership Service Manager that once told me; "You may be getting a survey request in a couple of days.  If you can't give us all 5's, don't fill it out".  I did fill it out and they did NOT get all 5's as a result.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 10:11:08 AM »

I haven't sent my response yet - it is still in draft. They already gave me a positive review ....
Maybe I should pursue this and tell them to send me the refund first and THEN I will review them- the way it SHOULD be done!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 10:24:50 AM »

I haven't sent my response yet - it is still in draft. They already gave me a positive review ....
Maybe I should pursue this and tell them to send me the refund first and THEN I will review them- the way it SHOULD be done!

You can always report them to Ebay support as well. Make sure all your messages are within the Ebay messaging system so support has access to them.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 10:33:12 AM »

You can always report them to Ebay support as well. Make sure all your messages are within the Ebay messaging system so support has access to them.

I just sent them a message indicating that I refuse to review them before the refund has been made and that this is an unethical practice.
I'll see what they say. I will be notifying eBay of this - all messages are through the eBay system.

All this over a couple of dollars..... not enough to risk their reputation. What are these sellers thinking??
Looks like the items are supplied by a company in Singapore BUT are shipped from a warehouse in the US.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 12:16:37 PM »

" Dear buyer,
Thanks for your message.

Waiting for your reply.

I deal with suppliers in China often.
I believe he is saying "we will give you a discount of US$ 3.00 on your next order"
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Bob Stone

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 02:02:54 PM »

I always figure with ebay orders from China under $10 with free shipping that I get what I get and it might be throwaway. I never use it for anything critical or that I need in a timely manner. My time isn't worth dealing with problems on those orders if it's remotely ok.

Bad threads? I would have just grabbed a bottoming tap and fix the threads.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 02:12:54 PM »

I don't understand how they can even cover the shipping for those prices.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Bob Stone

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 02:17:20 PM »

I don't understand how they can even cover the shipping for those prices.

If you can get a shipping container for $1000 and you put 100,000 items in it...although the last mile stuff is where I'd expect the bigger problem than just getting it over here.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 02:17:20 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 25 queries.