ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: eBay $6.07 order...  (Read 3912 times)

Miguel Dahl

Re: eBay $6.07 order...
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 02:27:16 PM »

These "kind" of dealers are scared shitless of bad reviews. I'd just go with getting the refund and giving them some stars...and mention bad product but good customer service, at least that would help "me", I know what I could expect if ordering after reading such a review. It's honest at least.

They can't do anything about a 1 star review either...it's there.

I once got a piece of homebrewing equipment which was not as pictured, If I knew I ordered what I actually got I wouldn't order it. So I wrote to them and said that this isn't correct, they offered me a micro-tiny refund, after saying that the stainless steel tube probably was bent during shipping, although it was perfectly bent and specs was on par, except that it had a bend to it.. I said that this didn't even cover the shipping and I'd leave a bad review, then suddenly I got a 25% ish refund.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2019, 02:49:31 PM »

Again, I realize that these prices are silly low especially with free shipping - that isn't the point. The point is that the company asked me (if I read it correctly) to review giving 5 starts and THEN they would address the refund issue. That is just plain wrong.
When I first contacted them it was regarding 3 of 5 faulty pieces. At that point if it had been 2 of the 5 I might not have even bothered to contact the seller because the 'majority' of the pieces worked.
By the time i 'worked out' the threads on the 3rd piece, the seller had contacted me with the offer to refund IF I gave 5 stars. I take issue with that alone and nothing else.
As Miguel stated, these guys on eBay rely on good reviews and I like giving good reviews....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2019, 03:15:46 PM »

Again, I realize that these prices are silly low especially with free shipping - that isn't the point. The point is that the company asked me (if I read it correctly) to review giving 5 starts and THEN they would address the refund issue. That is just plain wrong.
When I first contacted them it was regarding 3 of 5 faulty pieces. At that point if it had been 2 of the 5 I might not have even bothered to contact the seller because the 'majority' of the pieces worked.
By the time i 'worked out' the threads on the 3rd piece, the seller had contacted me with the offer to refund IF I gave 5 stars. I take issue with that alone and nothing else.
As Miguel stated, these guys on eBay rely on good reviews and I like giving good reviews....

The shipping isn't "free", it's baked into the price. The price of the item would be lower if they excluded the "free shipping". But not by much though. It's an old trade deal which makes shipping costs is paid by the sender (cost forwarded to the buyer), until the parcel (from the old days it would be the letter) leaves the country. The recipient country pays for the rest. Anyhow that was off topic.

This is just how they deal. It's to be honest nothing shocking, albeit it's "different" to what us from the west are used to.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 03:18:02 PM by Miguel Dahl »

Bob Stone

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2019, 03:21:32 PM »

I think the point here is that you roll the dice with companies like this on ebay and your expectations are too high. It's not worth your time to argue about it with them, give the good feedback or not, take the refund or not, it doesn't terribly matter. The only thing I'd be worried about is protecting my own rating on ebay, that's it, that's all.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2019, 03:44:11 PM »

I think the point here is that you roll the dice with companies like this on ebay and your expectations are too high. It's not worth your time to argue about it with them, give the good feedback or not, take the refund or not, it doesn't terribly matter. The only thing I'd be worried about is protecting my own rating on ebay, that's it, that's all.

I understand that Bob. Trust me - I'm not losing sleep over this and if it was eating into my life in any way, I wouldn't give it another thought.  I'm certainly not going to argue with them-I have sent my last correspondence. I just find it hard to believe that any company - good, bad, foreign, domestic, big or small - that relies on ebay for its business, would risk a bad rating or worse - a compaint to ebay,  for something so silly. If I were a vendor, I wouldn't.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2019, 03:45:59 PM »

I read that the US HEAVILY compensates Chinese companies for their shipping to the USA - so in fact we are ALL paying the shipping cost - in our taxes....

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2019, 09:16:15 PM »

Sorry to hear about this Debbie - funny story though!  This reminds me of the time a company held my order hostage.  Mind you this was an authorized dealer for the brand I was purchasing from here in the United States.  It was a couple thousand dollars of merchandise and I was told that my order would not be shipped until I removed a negative review from their Google (I think) profile.  The problem was, it wasn’t my review! 

I eventually convinced them of that and got my order, but I’m amazed of the antics some companies will try - both before and after the sale!  It makes me thankful for the wonderful vendors I’ve met here on PSW!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2019, 09:30:23 PM »

Sorry to hear about this Debbie - funny story though!  This reminds me of the time a company held my order hostage.  Mind you this was an authorized dealer for the brand I was purchasing from here in the United States.  It was a couple thousand dollars of merchandise and I was told that my order would not be shipped until I removed a negative review from their Google (I think) profile.  The problem was, it wasn’t my review! 

I eventually convinced them of that and got my order, but I’m amazed of the antics some companies will try - both before and after the sale!  It makes me thankful for the wonderful vendors I’ve met here on PSW!

WOW - now that is pretty bad...is that legal?

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2019, 09:36:26 PM »

I’m sure it’s in a grey area, much like what you’re going through.  This company was already deserving of the negative reviews - they tried some sketchy practices with me such as quoting me one number and invoicing me something 30% higher, but as a collector of vintage disco/club lighting I can’t always choose my vendors the same way I do when investing in my “modern” rig!

Bob Stone

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2019, 10:32:23 PM »

It would be a civil matter most likely.

That's just brutal...what legit company would do such a thing?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2019, 10:32:23 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.