ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Telefunken Wireless Capsules?  (Read 917 times)

Mike Santarelli

Telefunken Wireless Capsules?
« on: August 20, 2019, 01:44:54 PM »

Anyone try these on shure system?

I have ulxd and sm58, a pair of beta58, and Ksm8 capsules. I love the ksm8 but find them a little touchy in some smaller environments. In those instances there were no issues with either 58 or 945.

I really like the sennheiser 945 and spent some time comparing the m80. I found them more similar than different. Have been thinking of adding the m80 capsules or just grabbing more beta58.

The other option would be ksm9 but thinking they would fair worse on a tight stage than the ksm8

If anyone has input on the m80-wh capsules chime in.

John L Nobile

Re: Telefunken Wireless Capsules?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 02:07:31 PM »

The other option would be ksm9 but thinking they would fair worse on a tight stage than the ksm8

KSM9's sound great and work well in monitors with "normal" singers. But it's tough to get them loud enough for older "rockers". The hi end that works so well in the mains can be a curse in monitors for singers that have lost their hi's.

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 03:40:14 PM »

Big fan of the M80. One of our audio techs talked the lead singer of a local band we work with often into picking up an M80 capsule for his then SLX wireless handheld system. He then moved the capsule over to his QLX system once he was able to upgrade RF. Sounds fantastic on the QLX.

IMO I don't think it's fair to compare M80 and Beta58--different tools for different tasks. But if I had to pick one to live with, it would definitely be M80.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 03:40:14 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.