ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BT-12 foam insert question..  (Read 2430 times)

Nimrod Webber

BT-12 foam insert question..
« on: August 18, 2019, 02:04:42 PM »

Hi all,

I would appreciate some input regarding the custom foam inserts that are supplied with the BT-12 tilters.

I am working on a new batch now and am considering offering an option for a cheaper storage system - some kind of padded Cordoba pouch per tilter/unit.
The cost of the foam inserts is significant so by offering an alternative cheaper storing system, a lower price option for the complete pair could be available. 

1. How many of you BT-12 owners/users are actually storing the tilters in the original foam inserts?
2. Would you prefer soft pouches over the foam inserts?

Thank you for your input.

Best regards,
Nimrod Webber  :)
...so God created SOUND, and then God said...
http://www.boniton.co.il
http://www.bt-12.com/ Balanced Tilting Sounds Better... Facebook Users Group

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: BT-12 foam insert question..
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 06:31:35 PM »

Hi all,

I would appreciate some input regarding the custom foam inserts that are supplied with the BT-12 tilters.

I am working on a new batch now and am considering offering an option for a cheaper storage system - some kind of padded Cordoba pouch per tilter/unit.
The cost of the foam inserts is significant so by offering an alternative cheaper storing system, a lower price option for the complete pair could be available. 

1. How many of you BT-12 owners/users are actually storing the tilters in the original foam inserts?

Best regards,

I store mine in the inserts though if I didn’t have em I would find another way.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 07:37:08 PM »

I too use the foam inserts to store my tilters. I placed them into an old unused pelican type case. It works like a charm. I like that they fit perfectly and don’t knock about in travel. If I didn’t get the inserts with the tilters I would have likely used a similar case with the pick and pluck foam.

I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 07:13:26 AM »

I store mine in the foam inserts, but I'd also find another way to protect them if I didn't have them. I really like the foam but I probably would have rather saved some money over having them if I would have the option.

I would never place something this valuable anywhere but in a safe place like a rack drawer or padded case. Certainly not anywhere where anything heavy could be thrown on top of them.

IMO these are pretty robust and someone would have to be pretty reckless with them to damage them.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 10:57:30 AM »

I use the foam as well. I can't say I'd prefer pouches, but I'd certainly use them if that was my only option.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 12:04:05 PM »

I fit mine into a SKB case that has a padded divider, so I'm no longer using the foam insert. I can't recall the model of the case off the top of my head, but it's a perfect fit.

Roch Lafleur

• Ottawa, ONTARIO
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 03:54:36 PM »

Mine have lived in the foam inserts in the original box for the passed 4 years.
DSL SM80 (2), DSL TH118 (4), db Technologies DVX DM-12, JBL PRX615M, Behringer X32, X32-C, Crown MAi, QSC PLX

Jonathan Hole

• Sound Resume
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 09:37:28 PM »

Hi all,

Best regards,

I store mine in the foam inserts stacked on top each other on one side of a speaker cable case.  Like others, I'd probably be fine with soft pouches if that was what they came with.  The foam inserts in my case provide more protection however.  The product is so good that the case wouldn't have any affect on my buying decision.

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 08:14:39 AM »

I put the foam into a Gator G Mixerbag 1212.  It's a perfect fit.
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 11:23:45 AM »

Mine live in the foam, though a heavy bag would be acceptable.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 11:23:45 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.