ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Recording Mic female vocal ≈$1000  (Read 10669 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Best Recording Mic female vocal ≈$1000
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2019, 05:54:30 PM »

I actually like the plastic case with foam - it does a perfect job protecting the mic and yet doesn't attract unwanted attention. I agree the lack of cutout for the mic clip is a bit odd.

Speaking of mic clips.... I see the one on the website looks gray in color and made to compliment the mic. I received a black K&M.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2019, 05:58:22 PM »

Speaking of mic clips.... I see the one on the website looks gray in color and made to compliment the mic. I received a black K&M.

Same here. Though I don't see a clip pictured on the mfg web site...only the dealer site, which is the same black K&M we both appear to have.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 06:00:58 PM by Mark Scrivener »

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2019, 06:27:25 PM »

Same here. Though I don't see a clip pictured on the mfg web site...only the dealer site, which is the same black K&M we both appear to have.

Not very clear but this is the page I was referring to...

http://www.mbho.de/pdf/mbd219.pdf
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Dave Guilford

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2019, 09:33:39 PM »

Md441

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2019, 12:51:38 AM »

Not very clear but this is the page I was referring to...

http://www.mbho.de/pdf/mbd219.pdf

Ahh yes....that does look a bit nicer....has a part number too....Wonder how easy it would be to order?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2019, 10:46:14 AM »

Ahh yes....that does look a bit nicer....has a part number too....Wonder how easy it would be to order?

It does look nice. Let me know if you find out.

I did a shootout last night between the MBHO MBD219, Shure KSM8, Sennheiser E935 and the AT4050.

Both Chris and I talked and sang through each one set flat no FX with gains adjusted for an even playing field.

Our findings:
Of all the mics in the shoot out, Chris and I prefer his voice through the Shure KSM8. The MBHO has far too much low end response for his voice - pretty boomy actually. Of course I am pretty sure it would have been easy to EQ to suit but wanted to stay flat for the sake of this comparison.
However, I can see why the MBHO is favored by gals - MY voice sounds GREAT through it.
When I spoke into the other mics first and then moved to the MBHO, it made me jump - the difference was dramatic. That low end enhancement is warm and rich which really thickens up a female voice and kind of fills in the spaces that sound hollow sometimes with the female voice but it still retains the crispness and mids.  Ironic considering Chris wanted the mic so badly for himself...... oops
The AT4050 by the way still has most clarity and actually sounds really good with Chris's voice - probably better than mine. Lots of 'air'.
The Sennheiser has the least low end but other than that it is VERY similar sounding to the KSM8 - nice and clean. Chris sometimes uses it live instead of the Shure just to switch things up. The Senny to me doesn't sound quite as scooped as the KSM8.
Bottom line: The MBHO is worth every penny and I am excited to see how it fares in the wild...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2019, 10:46:14 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.