ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Protect the Bottom Edge of Speakers from Damage ?  (Read 2413 times)

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
Re: How To Protect the Bottom Edge of Speakers from Damage ?
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 01:38:25 PM »

... It does get a bit brittle, though, so it will definitely crack if it gets too much of a shock.

Having fallen on the holster, in winter, onto concrete with temps in the low teens; the holster received only minor surface scratches. I go about the same weight as a KF850.  Any impact that would cause cracking would likely cause damage to the enclosure as well.  It's very durable stuff.
I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 05:25:32 PM »

I just stumbled across a product called Kydex that might be good for this. I saw it being suggested for frame protection in a mountain bike tips and tricks video.

https://youtu.be/drBghc6GSWQ?t=322
Very interesting stuff!  I may have to get some of that just to experiment with and to have around for my next “I wonder how I can....” project.  Similarly, the skinny/brittle 2-wire power cable on my son’s Radial PZ-pre ToneBone wall-wort had insufficient strain relief and started to fray badly so I got some Sugru:

https://sugru.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq8by54CB5QIVlMJkCh23-QwxEAAYAiAAEgL3CfD_BwE

Worked perfectly for that use and I’ve been amazed at how many times since I’ve been able to solve a problem with it. Not that Sugru would necessarily be the best solution for speaker corners (though it might just work!) but, like Kydex, is a good tool to have available in one’s kit.
..db

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 05:25:32 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.