ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another day another city  (Read 2067 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Another day another city
« on: August 13, 2019, 05:48:27 PM »

After 10 days in Vegas doing a convention for an MLM insurance company it's on to LA for the Call of Duty Championship.

In Vegas, I was in the Thomas & Mack Center arena with a Reidel comm system with 12 panels and 10 Bolero RF headets, connected to a similar system at the MGM Grand Garden Arena that Pete Erskine was running. The connection was via 16 4W connections, 8 went by a VLAN and VoIP cards in both systems, 8 as embedded audio into/out of some AJA FS1 frame syncs that carried video back and forth. Today we're both at the Pauley Pavillion at UCLA for COD. Pete is in the main room and I am in the preliminaries room. I've got a ClearCom Eclipse system with 23 panels and 11 announcer boxes and 11 Freespeak RF headsets. Pete has a video truck with an ADAM system with about 30 panels, 7 announcer boxes and 12-15 Freespeak RF headsets. The weather in LA beats the crap out of the weather in Vegas. It's beautiful here.

Mac

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 08:41:59 PM by Mac Kerr »

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: Another day another city
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 07:27:03 PM »

Marvelous when the weather outside is nice when your arriving for your six am call and heading back to the hotel at 11 pm isn't it?  ;D

Glad your having fun.

... The weather in LA beats the crap out of the weather in Vegas. It's beautiful here.

Mac

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 10:25:23 PM »

Marvelous when the weather outside is nice when your arriving for your six am call and heading back to the hotel at 11 pm isn't it?  ;D

Glad your having fun.

My part of this event has no audience, so it's all just a control room with 3 announcer booths and the game play area with 40 Playstations. Pete's part has an audience and a stage, here are a coupe of shots...

I think the "B" stage is behind the main stage.

Mac

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 11:08:43 AM »

Here is a look at our fancy analyst booths. No expense spared. Two analysts for each of 3 streams talk about the current game on their stream. On TV it looks fine.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 11:59:39 AM »

I've got a ClearCom Eclipse system with 23 panels and 11 announcer boxes and 11 Freespeak RF headsets.....

Mac

Are you using the Studio Technologies Dante Announcer stations and a Dante card in the Eclipse?  And Eclipse over IP or Analog?

Inquiring minds...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 12:24:55 PM »

Are you using the Studio Technologies Dante Announcer stations and a Dante card in the Eclipse?  And Eclipse over IP or Analog?

Inquiring minds...

Yes, yes, IP.

I gotta say, I'm not feelin' the love for Eclipse. Complicated programming, lots of IP addresses to set. Granted I am much more familiar with Reidel or ADAM programming. The ST announcer boxes are great though. Major League Gaming has a ton of them.

Mac

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 04:30:06 PM »

Yes, yes, IP.

I gotta say, I'm not feelin' the love for Eclipse. Complicated programming, lots of IP addresses to set. Granted I am much more familiar with Reidel or ADAM programming. The ST announcer boxes are great though. Major League Gaming has a ton of them.

Mac

Yeah, Eclipse is mostly just the "Devil i know".  But there's a LOT of legacy stuff still hanging around from previous iterations of Eclipse that make it quite a bit more of a pain than it really should be.

I've got an idea.  We should trade off assisting on shows.  I'll teach you the Eclipse shortcuts and you can learn me some Reidel/ADAM....   :)
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 11:23:10 PM »

I’m home from LA, Call of Duty prelims are over. A few days to see my family then back to the MGM Grand arena for a Cisco show. I get to work with a bunch of friends and manage 40 Bolero RF comm packs while someone else manages the Riedel wired comm. 11 days of fun then home for a month. Livin’ the dream.

Pete’s still in LA doing the semis and finals.

Mac
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 09:11:38 PM by Mac Kerr »

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 09:17:20 PM »

Livin’ the dream.

I used to say that until a friend reminded me that Freddie Kruger was in a dream!
I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 09:17:20 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.