ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLVED - QL1 Dante Static IP  (Read 9671 times)

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: QL1 Dante Static IP
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 04:07:39 PM »

Just to clarify--I'm sitting in front of a QL5 right now--the IP address shown "for device control" is NOT the same address as the one in Dante Controller for the desk.  There's no way to change the Dante IP addresses (primary or secondary) from the console.

Are you able to set those to static using Dante Controller?  I feel like i've done that before but i don't remember specifically and the OP said it wasn't taking it.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Aram Piligian

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2019, 06:43:34 PM »

Yup, just tested it.  And if I didn't fill in DNS and Gateway, it just auto-populated them with zeros.  Wonder if it's a Dante Controller version thing. 

Are you able to set those to static using Dante Controller?  I feel like i've done that before but i don't remember specifically and the OP said it wasn't taking it.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2019, 06:45:19 PM »

Yup, just tested it.  And if I didn't fill in DNS and Gateway, it just auto-populated them with zeros.  Wonder if it's a Dante Controller version thing.

Could be.  i'm assuming you're using the latest greatest DC with the new graphics and the updater thingy....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2019, 03:05:46 AM »

[...] Wonder if it's a Dante Controller version thing.

Hillarious; never thought to update Dante Controller, that's on me. Either way, filling in 0.0.0.0 for DNS server and Gateway did get the settings to finally take.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

-Russ

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2019, 11:19:26 AM »

This raises a question. We're often in the position of having to fill in a dummy gateway address to make some configuration app happy. Is there a standard or proper value to use? One least likely to cause a problem? Scott?
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Andrew Hollis

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2019, 04:38:15 PM »

This raises a question. We're often in the position of having to fill in a dummy gateway address to make some configuration app happy. Is there a standard or proper value to use? One least likely to cause a problem? Scott?

If you must choose, all 0's is the correct choice. It means 'no gateway.' This is why that is the default. Dante doesn't work with gateways (unless you have DDM).

According to the CL/QL Series System Design Guide, it IS the 'Device Control' tab.
. . .  'Device control' tab sets the IP address for the Primary Dante connection.

Almost. Dante Primary and Secondary can only be set in Controller, because that is the Audinate Brooklyn II card.
'Device Control' is the Yamaha's internal interface, for the purpose of injecting control onto the Dante subnet. The document is clear that there are three interfaces involved, and how each one must be set. It basically suggests device control should be on the Dante Primary subnet.

In my experience some Dante devices seem to require being connected directly to them and/or powered cycling to take IP address changes. Whether you fill or don't fill DNS and gateway does not make a difference.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2019, 06:39:42 PM »

Yes 0.0.0.0 is a null route.  That would be correct.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2019, 06:39:42 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 26 queries.