ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Powered full-range 15" Live sound speaker around $1000  (Read 4930 times)

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: Best Powered full-range 15" Live sound speaker around $1000
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2019, 07:09:42 PM »

The RCF stuff is some of the best speakers in the midrange market, but these are going to be more than your $1000 budget.  Yamaha, and JBL are really dominant at this price range.  Personally I think that pushing your budget would be worth it, see elsewhere on the forums for Debbie Dunkley's comments about finally taking the plunge on a Danley system having owned a decent JBL SRX system, I think that says it all.

Agree that RCF does great in the mid-range market.  The TT25A Mk II, and TT5A, are two of the few 15" two-way speakers that don't have that typical indistinct mid-range.  Meyer, Nexo, L'Acoustics all have good 15" two-way, even the Martin CDD 15 is pretty good.  When you get into that price bracket though - why not go 3-way?  I've never heard any 12" or 15" 2-way sound as articulate as a 3-way speaker. 

12" vs 15" two way - they're both compromised.  Either the mid-range is weak with 15" (right in the vocal range) or the low-mids are weak with 12" (about where the subs start taking over).  If there is bass to be reproduced - there's subs for that.  Thus the only argument I've heard for 15" 2 way that makes sense is they typically have slightly higher output.

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Best Powered full-range 15" Live sound speaker around $1000
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2019, 07:09:42 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.