ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?  (Read 47032 times)

Dan Mortensen

Re: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2019, 03:33:03 AM »

I know that you know your way around the m32, but I need to double check. Do you hold the usb button while doing a power cycle to engage the firmware update mode?

No, there's a menu in the lower left hand of the first Setup tab/screen that lets you select "Firmware Update" or something like that.

Also, make sure that v4 is the only firmware in the root directory of the usb stick since the bootloader won’t let you apply the same firmware as already is installed, since you currently are on v3.11.

Yes, of course.

The problem is that the console is stuck on that screen that I posted, with no opportunity to select ANYTHING else.

:(

How do I get off that failed screen? Some combination of buttons pushed down on power up?

Edit a half hour later: Hey, I unbricked it!

That last sentence above reminded me that before there was that cool little menu on the Setup Page, we used to update firmware by putting the USB stick with the new firmware in its slot while the console was powered down, then press the View button for the USB section and power the board up. That still works!!

First I used the 4.0 USB stick and then the 3.11 one, and all is good. What a relief!

In the meantime, I discovered that my wife's old MacBook Pro, which I've been planning to use for playback and other gig-related functions, has a huge bulge in the trackpad and would no longer click.

Since that's not a good sign, and is in fact a very bad sign, I took all the screws out that hold the bottom on and it made a big pop when there were enough screws gone and the bottom could pop up as far as it wanted to.

Removing the rest, and one corner of the battery was twisted up about 1/2" or maybe 3/4"  higher than the rest of it, to the point where one of the plastic tabs on it that held it in via a screw was totally broken and in midair.

That thing is now in a metal box outside until I can figure out what to do.

Big negative day for technology for me....
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:17:28 AM by Dan Mortensen »

Uwe Riemer2

« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2019, 04:32:22 AM »

No custom fader layouts. Boo!

Wait for the Wing.
Though you will probably loose the Iphone holder  :'(  :)

Jan Duwe

« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2019, 04:59:28 AM »

Hi Dan Mortensen,
Sorry to hear that you had an issue during updating your M32R.
Robert actually suggested the right thing to check upfront. Thanks Rob!

I assume you tried copying exactly one fw file on the root of a usb stick, and booting up with the USB VIEW button depressed?
When that is not working out, the USB socket itself might have an intermittent contact issue, and may require servicing.
Did you ever notice difficulties reading from usb sticks before and is it depending on the type of stick?

You may also send me a pm for discussing the options. I hope we can quickly find a solution for you.

Best,
Jan

Jan Duwe
Brand Innovation Leader
Musictribe Brands DE GmbH
Jan Duwe
Senior Engineer Conceptualiztation
MUSIC-GROUP Innovation DE GmbH

Jan Duwe

« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2019, 05:05:35 AM »

First I used the 4.0 USB stick and then the 3.11 one, and all is good. What a relief!

Glad that you resolved it, Dan!
Have fun with 4.0, which may compensate for the "technology" hassles today ;-)

Jan
Jan Duwe
Senior Engineer Conceptualiztation
MUSIC-GROUP Innovation DE GmbH

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2019, 05:48:09 AM »

I’m sure that they will provide a beer holder!

Wait for the Wing.
Though you will probably loose the Iphone holder  :'(  :)

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #195 on: November 14, 2019, 07:36:40 AM »

The only missing bit is apparently the iPad app.  I saw a Behringer response on that, which said maybe 12 months wait, which is quite absurd.

Are they serious?

Daniel Levi

« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2019, 11:12:58 AM »

Video now online about 4.0 from Behringer,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwDWC53lsbU

Taylor Hall

« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2019, 11:26:09 AM »

I know that apple has been pushing hard to make ios apps fully integrated into macOS, perhaps that shift in architecture has created more hassle for developers that created their apps in older versions of xcode?
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2019, 04:41:21 PM »

Hi Dan Mortensen,
Sorry to hear that you had an issue during updating your M32R.
Robert actually suggested the right thing to check upfront. Thanks Rob!

I assume you tried copying exactly one fw file on the root of a usb stick, and booting up with the USB VIEW button depressed?
Glad that you resolved it, Dan!
Have fun with 4.0, which may compensate for the "technology" hassles today ;-)

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the nice note.

It was great that the USB stick/holding "View" down while powering up worked; I have not used that method since whenever in 2.something the "Upgrade FW" option in "Setup" appeared. There were times in the past when I had to do the former two or three times to get it to take. The newer method has been flawless.

Since we're talking: Can you address the slow fader movement, and my inability to find a difference between the default 4.0 setting and the V 1.0 after reboot? Also, if there is an operational or longevity advantage to the slower fader movement I would like to hear it.

And further since we're talking (again I'm grateful), any chance of a firmware upgrade to the X Touch Extender to allow it to be used with the console and an X Touch? I bought a bunch of both recently and have been enjoying planning their integration to my P.A. setups using the M32R's, but want to use the Extenders, too.

When that X Touch integration is complete I'm going to do a thread here about it, because I'm convinced it will add as much to my mixing as does having the iPad app, but in a different way of course. The integration for my purposes is more complex than simply setting the X Touch(es) next to the console, and is taking some hardware thought, planning, and fabrication.

Thanks again!

TomBoisseau

« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2019, 08:09:53 PM »

Did they pull v4 off the website already?  As of this moment I do not see it for either the X32 or for my M32R.

Am I looking in the wrong place?  What happened?

Tom

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2019, 08:09:53 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.