ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?  (Read 47936 times)

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2019, 11:16:37 AM »

No custom fader layouts. Boo!
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #181 on: November 13, 2019, 12:28:22 PM »

Thanks, How about links to the editors Mac and PC ?  music-group.com loads to a blank page with a 503 error.  Are these some sort of guinea pig pre-release perhaps?

The Midas versions are on the M32 downloads page as of 1130am CST.  Dunno about Berry...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John L Nobile

« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2019, 12:42:45 PM »

The Midas versions are on the M32 downloads page as of 1130am CST.  Dunno about Berry...

It's there

https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/Mixers/Digital/X32/p/P0ASF/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

The new PC editor is there as well if you want to see and play with the changes

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2019, 02:53:21 PM »

All very nice and easy.

Great to have the full routing options.  It's a little clumsy to use on the device and in Mixing Station, in my view - much easier on X32-Edit.  I'm also liking the UI update even more than I'd expected.  Kudos to Behringer for producing a significant enhancement update to a *seven* year old product.

Like Bob said, the power-on snapshot is likely lost by the update, which threw me for a second, but all saved scenes seem to work OK.

As hoped, you need the matching X32-Edit version - using mismatched X32-Edit and firmware result in a connection error message.

Mixing Station is all good, having been Firmware 4.0 compatible for a while now.

The only missing bit is apparently the iPad app.  I saw a Behringer response on that, which said maybe 12 months wait, which is quite absurd.  I can only recommend that iPad users move over to Mixing Station.  Slightly less pretty, but much more functional/configurable - and hugely well supported.

All looking good on a pre-production X32 I've got at home at the moment.  Just wondering when I update the working X32s.  Doubt I'll need to wait for too long before I'm confident, as there's a bundle of people out there pushing it hard.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2019, 03:00:37 PM »

All ipad/iphone apps should still work as per usual. The only thing missing is a way of edit the new user slots.

If you save your scenes/snippets that uses the new routing feature then you can still use your ipad for your normal mixing duties. The v4 update will NOT render the apps useless.

The only missing bit is apparently the iPad app.  I saw a Behringer response on that, which said maybe 12 months wait, which is quite absurd.  I can only recommend that iPad users move over to Mixing Station.  Slightly less pretty, but much more functional/configurable - and hugely well supported.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #185 on: November 13, 2019, 04:37:17 PM »

Still no option to patch something into the FX return channels?

I'm using a external AES50 device, would be handy if I could patch it into unused FX returns. Currently I patch it into Aux ins.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #186 on: November 13, 2019, 04:46:32 PM »

I've read a few people are saying that the slow faders are back. Anyone who has updated notice this?
Douglas R. Allen

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #187 on: November 13, 2019, 07:34:34 PM »

I’m tying to have this one confirmed, if this is an user ‘error’ or actual bug since there now is an option in the setup config 4th encoder for the m32 fader speed. You must also reboot the console for this setting to take.

I don’t own a m32 so I can’t verify this myself.

I've read a few people are saying that the slow faders are back. Anyone who has updated notice this?
Douglas R. Allen

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #188 on: November 13, 2019, 11:17:05 PM »

I’m tying to have this one confirmed, if this is an user ‘error’ or actual bug since there now is an option in the setup config 4th encoder for the m32 fader speed. You must also reboot the console for this setting to take.

I don’t own a m32 so I can’t verify this myself.

Well, this is awkward.

I loaded 4.0 onto a pretty new M32R, and the faders were indeed slow. Surprisingly slow.

The "load V.1 Faders" option which needed the reboot didn't help at all; I couldn't tell a difference when going back and forth (rebooting each time) between the versions, so I decided to go back to 3.11 using the same USB stick that loaded it onto all my consoles.

It went fine for a minute until I got this screen

and now my console seems to be bricked. Powering off (after waiting a decent amount of time) didn't do anything, nor did putting the USB stick with 4.0 back in the port. Watching this screen seems to be the only option.

What to do?

For the record, I , too, have gone backwards in firmware in the past, mostly inadvertently, and never had a brick.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2019, 01:08:24 AM »

I know that you know your way around the m32, but I need to double check. Do you hold the usb button while doing a power cycle to engage the firmware update mode?

Also, make sure that v4 is the only firmware in the root directory of the usb stick since the bootloader won’t let you apply the same firmware as already is installed, since you currently are on v3.11.

Well, this is awkward.

I loaded 4.0 onto a pretty new M32R, and the faders were indeed slow. Surprisingly slow.

The "load V.1 Faders" option which needed the reboot didn't help at all; I couldn't tell a difference when going back and forth (rebooting each time) between the versions, so I decided to go back to 3.11 using the same USB stick that loaded it onto all my consoles.

It went fine for a minute until I got this screen

and now my console seems to be bricked. Powering off (after waiting a decent amount of time) didn't do anything, nor did putting the USB stick with 4.0 back in the port. Watching this screen seems to be the only option.

What to do?

For the record, I , too, have gone backwards in firmware in the past, mostly inadvertently, and never had a brick.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2019, 01:08:24 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.