ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?  (Read 47747 times)

Douglas R. Allen

Re: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2019, 12:34:55 PM »

The problem is that they can not reproduce this issue.

I’ve asked users experiencing usb-stick issues to contact me. I’ve actually been in contact with a couple of people over the years claiming they can reproduce this problem or similarly related with some specific usb stick. After agreeing to send that usb-stick to the developers they never end up doing it, coming up with some sort of convoluted reason of why they never sent the usb-stick.

So, until the developers gets hold of an usb-stick that triggers these issues on a regular basis we are stuck with the occasional issue.

I know with my M32R when I have the Mute Groups going on the bottom of the screen if I push Mute Group 1 it will stop a X-Live recording under it as well. The stop recording button, Far Left button for X-Live is the same button used to turn on/off Mute Group 1. I'm guessing that this button is the same is for the USB Stop Record. I'm unsure with a full desk that has Mute group buttons if selecting that mute group would do it as well.
Douglas R. Allen

John A Chiara

« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2019, 01:33:13 PM »

It's always been the cassette deck image.  But it's not amusing when it stops recording randomly! 
I've had ongoing issues with this on multiple X32s.  Mostly the X32 Racks.  I've found it is very particular about which usb sticks it likes (not a new issue for digital mixers) BUT the issue doesn't always manifest itself right away.  I'll hit record and it will go for several minutes (sometimes even dozens of minutes) and then suddenly and without alert, will just stop.  Most recently I recorded a morning session fine.  Then for the 2nd session it looked like it was recording but stopped at some point.  The file it created for that session had zero k of data.  The 3rd session recorded fine. 
I
A classic cassette deck would be more reliable.

Happens to me all the time... I almost want to keep a tablet just to monitor the recorder!!

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2019, 02:04:40 PM »

So, Robert, probably everyone already knew this but I recently discovered that the Firmware Update for the X32 is EXACTLY the same one that's used to update the M32.

With that in mind, is it possible that the Firmware Update for the X-Touch is the same one that's used for the X-Touch Extender? I so much want to use those with M32R's, and am getting my ducks in a row to have the X-Touches ready for gigs. Having Extenders would make it sweeter yet.

Thanks!

(No, I haven't tried it, I'm on a trip where I've had time to think and have put those two above concepts together for the first time.)

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2019, 07:19:11 PM »

Unfortunately not. The are totally different, even though I suspect that they are sharing most of the source code.

So, Robert, probably everyone already knew this but I recently discovered that the Firmware Update for the X32 is EXACTLY the same one that's used to update the M32.

With that in mind, is it possible that the Firmware Update for the X-Touch is the same one that's used for the X-Touch Extender? I so much want to use those with M32R's, and am getting my ducks in a row to have the X-Touches ready for gigs. Having Extenders would make it sweeter yet.

Thanks!

(No, I haven't tried it, I'm on a trip where I've had time to think and have put those two above concepts together for the first time.)

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2019, 09:08:29 PM »

Unfortunately not. The are totally different, even though I suspect that they are sharing most of the source code.

:'(

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #155 on: October 16, 2019, 05:49:17 AM »

In regards to the possible work around for the Block of 8 patching. Should a person run 2 AES50 cables from the desk to the stage,AES50A / AES50B and had 96 channels of stage boxes on the stage could these be mixed and matched as well? Of course 48 channels from A and 48 from B.

Douglas R. Allen

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2019, 08:01:09 AM »

As long as you stay within the console mixing capabilities of max 38ch, there should be no issue pulling from two different aes50 ports should you want to.

You will also be able to create snippets that changes your user blocks with a simple recall.

In regards to the possible work around for the Block of 8 patching. Should a person run 2 AES50 cables from the desk to the stage,AES50A / AES50B and had 96 channels of stage boxes on the stage could these be mixed and matched as well? Of course 48 channels from A and 48 from B.

Douglas R. Allen

Baba Z. Buerger

« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2019, 11:23:39 AM »

It's always been the cassette deck image.  But it's not amusing when it stops recording randomly! 
I've had ongoing issues with this on multiple X32s.  Mostly the X32 Racks.  I've found it is very particular about which usb sticks it likes (not a new issue for digital mixers) BUT the issue doesn't always manifest itself right away.  I'll hit record and it will go for several minutes (sometimes even dozens of minutes) and then suddenly and without alert, will just stop.  Most recently I recorded a morning session fine.  Then for the 2nd session it looked like it was recording but stopped at some point.  The file it created for that session had zero k of data.  The 3rd session recorded fine. 

A classic cassette deck would be more reliable.

Defiantly DO NOT use this one:

https://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/pd/productID.235934100/varProductID.235934100

It gave me errors including mixer freezes (?!) on multiple X32's and M32.

I found this to be very reliable:
https://www.microcenter.com/product/485586/micro-center-32gb-superspeed-usb-31-(gen-1)-flash-drive
It's 32gb and USB 3 for fast transfer to a computer. Never gave me an error or stopped recording.

Now, back on topic- Im super exited for the release of the new V4 and DP48 :)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber