ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?  (Read 47746 times)

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
Re: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2019, 01:12:54 PM »

So, the original Production Partner Firmware v4 appears no longer live.

However, a quick search found this Reddit Page, which appears to have found additional screenshots, which have been saved off to IMGUR.  To save time, here they are.  Not sure I see extra functionality anywhere else, but they do show the updated interface in action - quite a lot around presets.  And sorry if this is an image-heavy post, but might still be of interest.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2019, 10:56:11 PM »

So, the original Production Partner Firmware v4 appears no longer live.

However, a quick search found this Reddit Page, which appears to have found additional screenshots, which have been saved off to IMGUR.  To save time, here they are.  Not sure I see extra functionality anywhere else, but they do show the updated interface in action - quite a lot around presets.  And sorry if this is an image-heavy post, but might still be of interest.

It is indeed of interest! These graphics seem much easier to read than the existing ones, which is very welcome to these eyes.

The functionality improvement for the consoles is also muchly welcome.

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2019, 07:54:26 AM »

Does anyone else find it amusing that they have chosen to use a cassette player for the recorder?

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2019, 08:13:07 AM »

I find it even more amusing that one show I recorded onto that usb-recorder ended up as a cassette tape release!

https://www.discogs.com/Les-Big-Byrd-Live-P%C3%A5-Sk%C3%A5-Festplats-17e-Juli-2015/release/7552361

The circle is complete 8)

Does anyone else find it amusing that they have chosen to use a cassette player for the recorder?

Nate Zifra

« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2019, 08:35:50 AM »

On the hub, are the analog outputs xlr or 1/4?

Back to the original topic, I wonder if it would be possible to have the xcontrol protocol that is used for the xtouch available on all the mixers? That would provide an easy method to remote control say an X32 rack with a full size or compact size console, essentially leaving all the processing on stage like the dlive does.

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2019, 09:11:09 AM »

I'm finding it amusing that examining some of the screenshots has got me looking at my X32 and discovering bits of functionality I didn't realise were there:

* The section at the top of the display showing the current USB WAV file and the playback time elapsed/remaining.  As well as a record indicator.
* Copy/Paste within Utility.
* The presets within Utility - doubt I'll use them, mind.

This really is a cracking mixer for the money!  My two big desires were for sub-8 channel routing and custom layouts.  Turns out I'll get the first.  I'll just have to carry on using soft patching to get me close (but not there) to the latter, albeit that X32-Edit and Mixing Station let me do it on screen.

Still can't work out exactly what the solution is for the routing banks.  I've got my interpretation, but will have to wait until I have my hands on it to be sure.  But am re-assured that it appears to do what's required.

drew gandy

• Chicago and burbs
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2019, 10:07:10 AM »

It is indeed of interest! These graphics seem much easier to read than the existing ones, which is very welcome to these eyes.

The functionality improvement for the consoles is also muchly welcome.

To my eyes, it's looking a lot more like the old LS9 screen. 
Arrogance is usually far worse than ignorance. But every once in awhile they swap places.

drew gandy

• Chicago and burbs
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2019, 10:15:13 AM »

It's always been the cassette deck image.  But it's not amusing when it stops recording randomly! 
I've had ongoing issues with this on multiple X32s.  Mostly the X32 Racks.  I've found it is very particular about which usb sticks it likes (not a new issue for digital mixers) BUT the issue doesn't always manifest itself right away.  I'll hit record and it will go for several minutes (sometimes even dozens of minutes) and then suddenly and without alert, will just stop.  Most recently I recorded a morning session fine.  Then for the 2nd session it looked like it was recording but stopped at some point.  The file it created for that session had zero k of data.  The 3rd session recorded fine. 

A classic cassette deck would be more reliable. 
Arrogance is usually far worse than ignorance. But every once in awhile they swap places.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2019, 11:11:18 AM »

The problem is that they can not reproduce this issue.

I’ve asked users experiencing usb-stick issues to contact me. I’ve actually been in contact with a couple of people over the years claiming they can reproduce this problem or similarly related with some specific usb stick. After agreeing to send that usb-stick to the developers they never end up doing it, coming up with some sort of convoluted reason of why they never sent the usb-stick.

So, until the developers gets hold of an usb-stick that triggers these issues on a regular basis we are stuck with the occasional issue.

It's always been the cassette deck image.  But it's not amusing when it stops recording randomly! 
I've had ongoing issues with this on multiple X32s.  Mostly the X32 Racks.  I've found it is very particular about which usb sticks it likes (not a new issue for digital mixers) BUT the issue doesn't always manifest itself right away.  I'll hit record and it will go for several minutes (sometimes even dozens of minutes) and then suddenly and without alert, will just stop.  Most recently I recorded a morning session fine.  Then for the 2nd session it looked like it was recording but stopped at some point.  The file it created for that session had zero k of data.  The 3rd session recorded fine. 

A classic cassette deck would be more reliable.

drew gandy

• Chicago and burbs
« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2019, 11:43:31 AM »

The problem is that they can not reproduce this issue.
That's what I've assumed. 
I’ve asked users experiencing usb-stick issues to contact me. I’ve actually been in contact with a couple of people over the years claiming they can reproduce this problem or similarly related with some specific usb stick. After agreeing to send that usb-stick to the developers they never end up doing it, coming up with some sort of convoluted reason of why they never sent the usb-stick.

So, until the developers gets hold of an usb-stick that triggers these issues on a regular basis we are stuck with the occasional issue.

PM sent. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2019, 11:43:31 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.