ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?  (Read 47058 times)

Robert Lofgren

Re: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2019, 10:19:39 AM »

The new routing is great. It combines your old workflow while it still gives you a much better granularity at the same time.

The blocks you all are so used to are still there. The change is now that you have access to a number of user defined blocks that you can setup freely as you like. Because of this smart trick they were able to workaround the inherent hardware limitation.

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2019, 10:29:17 AM »

The new routing is great. It combines your old workflow while it still gives you a much better granularity at the same time.

The blocks you all are so used to are still there. The change is now that you have access to a number of user defined blocks that you can setup freely as you like. Because of this smart trick they were able to workaround the inherent hardware limitation.
Hi Robert,

I'll be interested in seeing what the new user defined blocks look like. I certainly wish this had been available back in 2016 when Paul (& you and others) were so helpful to us in using Aux In Remap & P16 Outs to solve our need... Sounds like this might be somewhat similar, but I'll wait to see the actual info.

Best regards,
Bob Charest

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2019, 10:42:18 AM »

Tnx Bob!

The picture published in the article shows the concept pretty well:

Hi Robert,

I'll be interested in seeing what the new user defined blocks look like. I certainly wish this had been available back in 2016 when Paul (& you and others) were so helpful to us in using Aux In Remap & P16 Outs to solve our need... Sounds like this might be somewhat similar, but I'll wait to see the actual info.

Best regards,
Bob Charest

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2019, 10:56:17 AM »

Tnx Bob!

The picture published in the article shows the concept pretty well:

You're most welcome, Robert! Thanks for the pic - That is very explanatory. I must've missed the link to the article you mention, so I'll go back through this thread and get myself informed.

Best regards,
Bob

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2019, 11:00:34 AM »

There are two things that comes to my mind - Tactile control and reverbs.

I am one of those who doesn’t really like mixing on a tablet/phone 100%. For quick things like setting up monitor mixes and a tweak here and there it’s not a big deal.

But if I am the one performing I don’t want to fiddle with my phone, finding my way trying to quickly fix an issue or something in my iem’s. It doesn’t help if I’m singing and playing the guitar at the same time either. With quick access and tactile controls I can reach down without looking and quickly adjust something that could be bothering me.

Many sub-mix users complains about the shared reverbs and I understand that.

In the dp48 the reverb is per user. Also, you have your own access to compressors, limiters, eq, panning, etc with the dp48 so you are able to lo-cut that bass while still having a thumping kick.

With the Hub4 you get access to 16 analog outputs that are feed from your dp48’s. Placing the Hub4 in a rack with your wireless...!

A cool trick you can do with the dp48 and the forthcoming v4 routing is that you can input a click from the drummers dp48 imto the line inputs and distribute it back to the other dp48’s without using any of the valuable 38ch channel mixes. In instead you can use e.g. aes-ch48 that you normally don’t use for this purpose. The onboard ambience mics can be used in a similar fashion.

Yes, I didn't realize that building an IEM mix in an aux send using  a tablet had become so difficult that one needed this extra piece of gear now to do it.  Of course,  I never really understood why anyone would buy the PM16 units either outside of studio work.

But if you're running out of aux mixes for IEMs, (which could easily happen if you need multiple stereo mixes), these are likely a much cheaper route to go than upgrading to a more capable mixer. For 6 players, $1200 is worth not eating up 12 auxes.

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2019, 11:02:39 AM »

So for example, will this new user routing allow you to use a combination of a stage box (or an X32rack) into an X32 and select 13 inputs from the stage box and 19 inputs from the X32? And can this be done in any combination of those 2 input devices?

Thank you for your help.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2019, 11:11:05 AM »

Absolutely!

And the Aux-remapping can also use those user routings so you can route to your heart’s content. ;-)

One cool trick that I just love is that I setup the user routing for the normal Home-tab. I then use the same routing as for the x-live. Before the new routing there were instances where I could not record the same channels that I was mixing. I also sometimes forgot to change the routing on Home and Card so now since I give both Home and Card the same user blocks I only need to change the routing in one single place.

Scenes and snippets are both supported of course.

So for example, will this new user routing allow you to use a combination of a stage box (or an X32rack) into an X32 and select 13 inputs from the stage box and 19 inputs from the X32? And can this be done in any combination of those 2 input devices?

Thank you for your help.

Nate Zifra

« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2019, 01:09:27 PM »

Very interested in the Hub4, but nothing seems to be officially release yet.  Can you share any more with us? Does it have inputs and outputs as well as the AES outs?

Absolutely!

And the Aux-remapping can also use those user routings so you can route to your heart’s content. ;-)

One cool trick that I just love is that I setup the user routing for the normal Home-tab. I then use the same routing as for the x-live. Before the new routing there were instances where I could not record the same channels that I was mixing. I also sometimes forgot to change the routing on Home and Card so now since I give both Home and Card the same user blocks I only need to change the routing in one single place.

Scenes and snippets are both supported of course.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2019, 02:25:01 PM »

Yes, I didn't realize that building an IEM mix in an aux send using  a tablet had become so difficult that one needed this extra piece of gear now to do it.  Of course,  I never really understood why anyone would buy the PM16 units either outside of studio work.

But if you're running out of aux mixes for IEMs, (which could easily happen if you need multiple stereo mixes), these are likely a much cheaper route to go than upgrading to a more capable mixer. For 6 players, $1200 is worth not eating up 12 auxes.

Two words.  Church Band.  The personal monitor mixing thing is HUGE in the church market and since these are mostly amateur volunteer players, the simpler you can make things the better.  I've trained folks on iPhone IEM mixing, but nothing beats hardware for ease of use and predictability.

Personal monitor mixing is also great when your band goes from a 4-piece one week to a 23 piece the next [not uncommon in a church situation].  Just drop more P-16s/DP48s and you're good.

There are already existing solutions that are very capable, but the DP48 ticks all the boxes that need to be ticked for a product like this at an unprecedented price.  Which is kinda what TMG does....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2019, 08:20:20 AM »

As mentioned before it has 16 analog outputs and is 1RU. It provides remote power to connected dp48’s.

Very interested in the Hub4, but nothing seems to be officially release yet.  Can you share any more with us? Does it have inputs and outputs as well as the AES outs?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2019, 08:20:20 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.