ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?  (Read 47036 times)

Bradford "BJ" James

Re: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2019, 03:12:38 PM »

While hot bitches sounds inticing, you'll need to use your full real name to post here. Thanks for your cooperation.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2019, 11:36:38 AM »

V4 is now confirmed in the product description for the new dp48 monitoring system for the x/m32 mixers (or any aes50/supermac enabled device for that matter!).

https://www.midasconsoles.com/Categories/Midas/Signal-Processors/In-Ear-Monitoring/DP48/p/P0BMX

Daniel Levi

« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2019, 11:59:23 AM »

V4 is now confirmed in the product description for the new dp48 monitoring system for the x/m32 mixers (or any aes50/supermac enabled device for that matter!).

https://www.midasconsoles.com/Categories/Midas/Signal-Processors/In-Ear-Monitoring/DP48/p/P0BMX

Ooh interesting, I wonder what pricing will be of both the mixer and the HUB4 POE AES50 splitter. Looks to be 12 stereo groups with comp/eq on each group and a master reverb. Each group being stems from a selected number of channels of up to the 48 supported over AES50 (i.e. you could have all 48 channels coming into the mixer, but they would be in groups). It also allows you to have 2 separate mixes on each unit so two musicians could share one unit (although I believe the group channels are the same). Also seems to have a 2 track SD recorder on board.

Picture from the Midas website:

Manual: https://media63.music-group.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0BMX/DP48_EN_QSG.pdf

But I do have to say, people are certinaly getting their monies worth out of the X/M32 range.

Taylor Hall

« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2019, 01:37:53 PM »

Tres chic. Not really a product that would see much (or any) use from me, but I'll be following its release closely since it will have to be hand-in-hand with the new console firmware.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2019, 02:48:05 PM »

Wow. That DP48 thing looks like a really easy to use piece of equipment.

NOT

Peter Kowalczyk

« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2019, 03:32:54 PM »

All this talk about X32 Effects brings to mind a couple bugs I'd love to see resolved.  Sorry if maybe these were already mentioned...

- Mixing last weekend on an X32 Rack, I adjusted the reverb 'Pre Delay' parameter while it was live.  It caused an audible glitch.  Not cool.  (I find it fascinating how sensitive our human ears are to something so seemingly minute as reverb parameters...  so, even though the glitch was only in the reverb tail, it was clearly audible).

- I observed a similar glitch a while back when inserting an FX Processor across the L/R Bus with live program material.  I presume this was due to the latency introduced by that processor.

...  Changes to parameters or signal inserts should never cause audible anomalies!  If they are unavoidable, a little warning / confirmation popup would be nice....

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2019, 04:53:22 PM »

You get up to speed on it after 10-15min. It is built with the end user in mind, in this case a musician.

An operator can remote control it if there should be any need.

Wow. That DP48 thing looks like a really easy to use piece of equipment.

NOT

Luis_Marquez

« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2019, 01:12:05 AM »

Anyone seen the pre V4 price increase on M/X32 products ??? My take is the DP48 to be plenty more than the current one.

Taylor Hall

« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2019, 07:09:34 AM »

Anyone seen the pre V4 price increase on M/X32 products ??? My take is the DP48 to be plenty more than the current one.
All the usual suspects still list the M32 at $4999 and X32 at $2499 which is what they've been at since the 'M32 Live' SKU superseded the pre-facelift SKU.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Art Nadelman

« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2019, 10:45:09 AM »

The price increases in the US for the X/M32's were "due to the tariffs".

Art

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2019, 10:45:09 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.