ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?  (Read 47056 times)

Dan Mortensen

Re: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2019, 04:57:19 PM »

I like reading some of the off topic stuff but please start another thread for that. Thank you.

I, too, have enjoyed learning about this important topic but understand your request to keep this thread on its stated topic.

Since the subject of how this digital stuff is treating the signal is of vital importance to our understanding of how one desk differs from another, perhaps a new sticky thread?

Scott Bolt

« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2019, 10:18:36 PM »

Scott, the TC FX are part of the new Midas Heritage D.
Hi Tim,

The Heritage D appears to have the TC M6000 reverb engine in it.  I have know that this algorithm would likely be more than anything the X32/M32 could do.  I was hoping .... just maybe .... they would put the older (and much less complex) M3000 engine into the X32/M32.

I could seriously see the next generation X32 successor being a cut-down heritage D (way cut down).  This is definitely how Music Group rolls these days (economy of scale).

I just watched the Heritage D video.  Wow.  Very nice ..... and SOOOOOOO far out of my price range!  But perhaps I could survive on the technological scraps that may fall into the low end :)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2019, 09:15:57 AM »

Hi Tim,

The Heritage D appears to have the TC M6000 reverb engine in it.  I have know that this algorithm would likely be more than anything the X32/M32 could do.  I was hoping .... just maybe .... they would put the older (and much less complex) M3000 engine into the X32/M32.

I could seriously see the next generation X32 successor being a cut-down heritage D (way cut down).  This is definitely how Music Group rolls these days (economy of scale).

I just watched the Heritage D video.  Wow.  Very nice ..... and SOOOOOOO far out of my price range! But perhaps I could survive on the technological scraps that may fall into the low end :)

That is my thinking as well - sooner or later these will filter down.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Branimir Bozak

• Stara metalika
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2019, 03:45:43 PM »

The Heritage-D is in developement for years now, and it's still not out.

The M32/X32 is their C64/Amiga, it will probably be in production until there is demand for them. If it ain't broken, why make a better product?  8) :o
If you scoop, it sounds like poop!

Scott Bolt

« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2019, 04:12:37 PM »

The Heritage-D is in developement for years now, and it's still not out.

The M32/X32 is their C64/Amiga, it will probably be in production until there is demand for them. If it ain't broken, why make a better product?  8) :o
I think the theory is that the Midas Pro 2 is being replaced with the Heritage-D, not the X32/M32.

I am hoping that the new firmware being discussed here for the X32/M32 is the bridge to hold the X32/M32 over another cycle until the trimmed down version of the Heritage-D can be made ready for release.

Ah well.... I am still holding out a little hope for the M3000 verb ;)

Branimir Bozak

• Stara metalika
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2019, 05:24:39 PM »

I was commenting your post regarding "the next M32" with trickled down technology from Heritage-D. I too think the D is the Pro1/2 succesor.
If you scoop, it sounds like poop!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2019, 07:57:42 PM »

I was commenting your post regarding "the next M32" with trickled down technology from Heritage-D. I too think the D is the Pro1/2 succesor.

The Pro series have been effectively "EOL'ed", or end of life except for the upgrades to the Pro 6/9 and the ProX.  Unless Midas has another entire mixer in process for release soon after the Heritage D I'd be surprised if the "D" wasn't meant to replace everything else in the Pro series.

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2019, 04:04:40 AM »

Actually an M3000 and D2 sims would be awesome. There needs to be a simpler, more basic delay in the X32. I don't want stereo, ping ponging, phasing, chorusing delays. Just a simple delay with tap. Mono output, 15-20% feedback, adjustable hi and lo cuts. Thats it.

Actually what I'd love to have is an old fashioned analog bucket-brigade delay.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Taylor Hall

« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2019, 09:29:17 AM »

The Pro series have been effectively "EOL'ed", or end of life except for the upgrades to the Pro 6/9 and the ProX.  Unless Midas has another entire mixer in process for release soon after the Heritage D I'd be surprised if the "D" wasn't meant to replace everything else in the Pro series.
That wouldn't shock me given that they've already let on that there will be a few other chassis sizes in the near future. They'll get feedback on the D-96 for a few months then either go forward with their existing size/feature plans for the larger/smaller consoles, or make a few small tweaks and then go into production.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2019, 08:03:57 PM »

Actually an M3000 and D2 sims would be awesome. There needs to be a simpler, more basic delay in the X32. I don't want stereo, ping ponging, phasing, chorusing delays. Just a simple delay with tap. Mono output, 15-20% feedback, adjustable hi and lo cuts. Thats it.

I'm with you on this.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2019, 08:03:57 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.