ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?  (Read 47049 times)

Dan Mortensen

Re: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2019, 04:08:05 PM »

I just got X Touch and X Touch Extenders to try to create 24 channel faders in use at a time while using the console banks of an M32R to control FX returns and DCA's or Aux Ins and DCA's or whatever combination is appropriate.

After firmware updates to console, Touch, and Edit, the Touches work fine. The Extenders, however, don't work at all and that seems in part due to NO firmware updates, apparently ever. How about a firmware update for those to allow them to integrate with a Touch to extend its capabilities?

The scribble strips on both are real nice.

John A Chiara

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2019, 11:49:32 PM »

It's more than just GEQ in the last four slots - other EQs, dynamics, and other such non delay/reverb FX.  Still limited, but not quite as much as you suggested.

Hmm...I haven’t used a graphic eq since I git my X-32 over 6 years ago. First thing I do is remove them from scenes. I want 16 FX slots. My mixes are more studio based and I find 7 time based FX a useful minimum for my work flow.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2019, 12:53:11 AM »

I want 16 FX slots. My mixes are more studio based and I find 7 time based FX a useful minimum for my work flow.

I'd be a little surprised if the onboard DSP had that kind of horsepower in it. I feel like you might be reaching the point where a Waves setup would make more sense.

-Russ

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2019, 06:48:09 AM »

EDIT: I’ve removed the part of the delays since I was in error.

I have asked them earlier if we couldn’t get the ability to split an fx-slot into two mono so that we potentially could load up to 16 mono fx, but this was a no-go.

As to why we can’t put any fx into any fx-slot; Each fx slot has a fixed/dedicated amount of dsp power assigned to it to ensure that dsp power is available for each loaded fx. This is why the dsp power-hungry fx like the combinator and reverbs only fits in the left fx slots because they have more dedicated dsp power assigned to them. It was a deliberate decision not allowing the user to max out on the dsp power before all slots were filled

Hmm...I haven’t used a graphic eq since I git my X-32 over 6 years ago. First thing I do is remove them from scenes. I want 16 FX slots. My mixes are more studio based and I find 7 time based FX a useful minimum for my work flow.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 10:58:10 AM by Robert Lofgren »

John A Chiara

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2019, 09:33:48 AM »

EDIT: I’ve removed the part of the delays since I was in error.

I have asked them earlier if we couldn’t get the ability to split an fx-slot into two mono so that we potentially could load up to 16 mono fx, but this was a no-go.

As to why we can’t put any fx into any fx-slot; Each fx slot has a fixed/dedicated amount of dsp power assigned to it to ensure that dsp power is available for each loaded fx. This is why the dsp power-hungry fx like the combinator and reverbs only fits in the left fx slots because they have more dedicated dsp power assigned to them. It was a deliberate decision not allowing the user to max out on the dsp power before all slots were filled
Yeah, I knew that. I have a small outboard rack with some classic verbs and a TC harmonizer thingie...just would be nice if we had more. I thought the M32 had double the DSP because it was intended to have 96K capability?

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2019, 10:03:59 AM »

Nope, aside from mechanical stuff and analog path the m32 and x32 share exactly the same hardware and software. Both platforms performs exactly the same.

I don’t know when this hoax together with that “the x32 doesn’t use the same coherent busses as the m32” was born, but it has been impossible to kill off ever since.

Yeah, I knew that. I have a small outboard rack with some classic verbs and a TC harmonizer thingie...just would be nice if we had more. I thought the M32 had double the DSP because it was intended to have 96K capability?

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2019, 11:16:08 AM »

My mixes are more studio based and I find 7 time based FX a useful minimum for my work flow.
I'd be a little surprised if the onboard DSP had that kind of horsepower in it. I feel like you might be reaching the point where a Waves setup would make more sense.
And let's not forget, it wasn't many years ago, where in a small/medium cap venue, you were doing OK to have 8-12 gates/comps, graphics on all outputs, and 2 time based processors.

How times have changed where we can declare that gates/comps on every channel, graphics on all outputs, and 4 time based processors isn't enough...  Particularly remembering the cost of the X32.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2019, 04:38:02 PM »

And let's not forget, it wasn't many years ago, where in a small/medium cap venue, you were doing OK to have 8-12 gates/comps, graphics on all outputs, and 2 time based processors.

How times have changed where we can declare that gates/comps on every channel, graphics on all outputs, and 4 time based processors isn't enough...  Particularly remembering the cost of the X32.

For real! I mixed many a band with 8 comps, 4 gates, and two multi FX. Usually had a pair of long-fader graphics for the mains and 4 short fader EQ's for monitors from FOH. And that would suffice for a 32 channel desk with the headliner taking up as many channels as they needed, and the opener would get whats left!

If you mixed the opener you considered it a gift if there was one comp left over for your main vocal!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Mal Brown

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2019, 04:42:05 PM »

And it was up hill both ways to the stage and back ;-)
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2019, 06:03:49 PM »

And it was up hill both ways to the stage and back ;-)

OH, so you've worked with me and Weaver?  ;D
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2019, 06:03:49 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.