ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?  (Read 46869 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2019, 12:00:19 PM »

No, they're not. Slots 5-8 are limited. If I want a Combinator, I have to give up a verb or delay, since those only exist in slots 1-4. Removing that limitation alone would make me actually consider an M32.

This. Make the FX slots all the same.

Also I'd like to be able to make the master fader freely assignable so I can have a money channel that stays on the top layer at all times. Most other desks do this now. I don't know about most af you, but I rarely ever touch the master fader after soundcheck. It doesn't need to be there all the time.

I'm fine with 8 DCA's and not having fader spill. It's a club-level desk that is already punching waaay above it's class.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Gary Weller

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2019, 12:47:18 PM »

If there is enough horsepower left, I'd like the compressors in the effects section to be used on any and all channels and outputs.

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2019, 02:39:42 PM »

- Give access to all effects in the 8 FX slots (rather than reserving the last four for GEQ only)
It's more than just GEQ in the last four slots - other EQs, dynamics, and other such non delay/reverb FX.  Still limited, but not quite as much as you suggested.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2019, 03:36:18 PM »

Folk Fest perhaps?

Musical Theatre. Always wanted to try using custom fader bank recall instead of the traditional single-channel VCA assignments, I've just never been a on a console that could do it (until now, apparently).

-Russ

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2019, 04:42:29 PM »

Musical Theatre. Always wanted to try using custom fader bank recall instead of the traditional single-channel VCA assignments, I've just never been a on a console that could do it (until now, apparently).
Well, there you go!
I have a scene per song and use custom layouts per song so the things I need at my fingertips are always there.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2019, 04:12:59 AM »

On-topic, I would like to see some variety of software that lets two consoles combine into one.

If there were a device like a Core that had three AES50 ports, that would make it a lot easier...

Although this thread is about firmware, I don't know where else to suggest a new product, one based on my post quoted above. So at the risk of being off-topic:

I've been thinking about this combining idea, because I do it with limited efficacy now (can only mix the slave console to 6 busses due to using Aux Inputs) and would like full efficacy (16 total outputs, using all available busses as sources, same as a console).

I'd like to see a 32 input mixer in which the sources were outputs 1-16 on one AES 50 stream, plus outputs 1-16 on another AES 50 stream. Those sources would be combined at unity gain 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc., into a new AES 50 stream that would go to 16 XLR outputs either located on it or on an additional S32 or DL32.

So the signal chain would be

2 separate S- or DL-32 to 2 AES 50  cables to new box to 2 AES 50 cables to 2 consoles.

Inputs/routing would pass through to the separate consoles, the combined outputs would  mirror on both -32 stage boxes, which I guess would make the new box more equivalent to a Core in size than one with its own 16 XLR outputs.

So the new box only has 2 AES50 connectors to go to the stage boxes, and 2 AES 50 connectors to go to two consoles. No other audio connectors.

The only thing missing would be a way to couple the PFL listening functions at the consoles, and maybe that could be figured out with a little 2 stereo in/1 stereo out unity gain box that doesn't add noise? That little box should have both 2 TRS ins/ 1 TRS out- and two pair of FXLR ins and 1 pair MXLR outs., for listen wedge situations. Volume adjustments made at the consoles not within the little box.

The boxes would be sold both as a set and separately.

Would this be useful to anyone besides me?

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2019, 08:14:24 AM »

It's more than just GEQ in the last four slots - other EQs, dynamics, and other such non delay/reverb FX.  Still limited, but not quite as much as you suggested.

I occasionally use a de-esser, and less frequently a GEQ. I've never used anything else that is available in those slots.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2019, 08:57:01 AM »

How about some updates for the M/X32 app's?  Maybe some custom type layout options?

Taylor Hall

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2019, 09:26:48 AM »

How about some updates for the M/X32 app's?  Maybe some custom type layout options?
Better off spending a couple bucks and getting Mixing Station from the app store.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2019, 12:35:24 PM »

Better off spending a couple bucks and getting Mixing Station from the app store.
+1
And, if you're an Android user and tight, even the free version is pretty highly functional (and includes custom layouts)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2019, 12:35:24 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.