ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?  (Read 47040 times)

Don Gspann

Re: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 09:59:21 AM »

I would like to have 16 channels of automix, in addition to several of the other things mentioned.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 10:02:35 AM by Don Gspann »

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2019, 03:24:55 PM »

I can live with the current limitations really, what I would really love to see is Direct to Matrix capability. Like the Yamaha stuff, it sure would be nice to go straight to a Matrix from the channel as opposed to having to route through a mix bus first.

It would also be nice to have a custom fader layer. I mean you can sort of do it on their producer and compact lines. You can call up 1-8 and 17-24 if you want on the same layer, so why not a programmable one?

16 channels of automix would be nice!

I honestly would like to see a better multiband compressor and something more like the Portico Primary Source Enhancer.

I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2019, 04:17:26 PM »

I would like to have 16 channels of automix, in addition to several of the other things mentioned.

this^^
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2019, 04:18:24 PM »

I can live with the current limitations really, what I would really love to see is Direct to Matrix capability. Like the Yamaha stuff, it sure would be nice to go straight to a Matrix from the channel as opposed to having to route through a mix bus first.

It would also be nice to have a custom fader layer. I mean you can sort of do it on their producer and compact lines. You can call up 1-8 and 17-24 if you want on the same layer, so why not a programmable one?

I honestly would like to see a better multiband compressor and something more like the Portico Primary Source Enhancer.

So basically if they could turn the X32 into a QL1, that'd be great.  :)
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 06:54:39 PM »

For me, it's "only":
Custom layers on the board (Mixing Station is perfect for this when mixing from a tablet)
DCA spill (Mixing Station does this well, too)
Allow granular (no 8 channel) IO routing.

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2019, 08:08:16 PM »

-More Ultranet channels, 32 total would be nice... This is my #1...
-The ability to record 24 channels - as a preset
-8 effects, freely assignable, instead of 4 + 4

Regards,

-Tim T

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2019, 08:20:08 PM »

For me I'd like to see any of the effects to be able to go to any of the 8 slot locations.

Douglas R. Allen

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2019, 08:39:19 PM »

By using the stageboxes you can have up to three ultranet ‘universes’. I use this to split the ultranet between ultranet enabled speakers and p16-m.

The fx are already freely assignable, unless I misunderstand you. People tend to miss that fx1-4 can be used as inserts as well.

-More Ultranet channels, 32 total would be nice... This is my #1...
-The ability to record 24 channels - as a preset
-8 effects, freely assignable, instead of 4 + 4

Regards,

-Tim T
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 08:42:57 PM by Robert Lofgren »

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2019, 09:29:38 PM »

Like the XR18 already has.  All of this discussion seems to fit well with the recent threads about how badly Music Group has handled product lines like Lab Gruppen and Turbosound.  Yamaha continues to add value to their products right up to EOL and we pay accordingly.  MG drains value from their lines. While we might marvel at how effectively they have moved the goal posts from formerly professional tools meant for earning a living with to commodity consumer products that work surprisingly well I they are not a vendor I would have high expectations of.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2019, 11:38:07 PM »

Like the XR18 already has.  All of this discussion seems to fit well with the recent threads about how badly Music Group has handled product lines like Lab Gruppen and Turbosound.  Yamaha continues to add value to their products right up to EOL and we pay accordingly.  MG drains value from their lines. While we might marvel at how effectively they have moved the goal posts from formerly professional tools meant for earning a living with to commodity consumer products that work surprisingly well I they are not a vendor I would have high expectations of.

A bit like the Vulture Capitalists that buy a potentially profitable company, sell off its assets, off-shore the production, saddle it with debt, pay huge bonuses to the BoD members they install, then walk away leaving management, staff and workers with a bankrupt company and no pension or retirement plans - which those same victims spent their working years contributing to (directly or in conjunction with employer contributions).

MG seems to have extracted most of the intellectual property from the former professional brands - from designs & engineering to brand cachet and good will.  What they leave behind is an empty shell that provides the Patina of Professional® to buyers unaware they are mostly purchasing a name.  While not the only company to acquire a major brand or two, MG seems more inclined to use good will and former *pro* glory to sell MI-quality goods rather than support the customers of professional purchases.

ps.  I heard Paul Bauman has left MG.  Anyone know for sure?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2019, 11:38:07 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.