ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?  (Read 47081 times)

Robert Lofgren

Re: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2019, 01:13:45 PM »

No, you need to use v3.07 for the icons to revert to the old ones .

My guess V4.11 will get rid of the icons.  I personally don't use icons for my main channels, just band names and instruments titles in all caps.  More room with no icons!

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #211 on: November 16, 2019, 05:07:03 PM »

No, you need to use v3.07 for the icons to revert to the old ones .

USE 3.07 or revert to it and then go to 3.11? I haven't checked yet if that will solve my problem, but 3.11 is necessary to use the X-Touch.

(I found a 3.07 online last night and am planning to check it later today.)

And it's not the old icons I'm seeking, it's the ability to have the blank screen at the top of the icon list, which formerly meant NO ICONS VISIBLE in the scribble strip, revert to that behavior. That was true in 3.11 but not after I reverted to 3.11 from 4.0. Icons not going away now. :(

EDIT: SUCCESS! Loading 3.07 got rid of the mandatory icons, and loading 3.11 kept them away but got the X-Touch compatibility again.

Looking forward to 4.01 to try the routing options.

Thanks, Robert!

I don't think it gets said often enough what treasures you and Paul are to the X/M32 community. You are, and there, I've said it again. But it's still not enough. I hope MG is helpful and generous to you guys.

They should let you have give you outright the first Wings so you can give us reports.   

:-* :-* /not gay but not saying there's anything wrong with that, just saw this emoji...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 06:19:01 PM by Dan Mortensen »

Don Ernst

• Ernst Audio Services, Inc
« Reply #212 on: November 16, 2019, 06:20:00 PM »

Well, I have updated my 3 Midas M32/M32R consoles yesterday and noticed that it replaced my Library presets with their stock ones.

No problem, I had my Library saved to a jump drive.  Tried reloading my presets and found that the first 8 loaded fine, but the rest did not.

Looking a little further, I tried loading one of the presets that did not change and found that my presets were there, but the names in the list did not.

Appears to be a bug in the new firmware.

I also tried to load the presets with a laptop connected and that would not work at all.  And yes, I updated the Midas Edit program, too.

Anyone else find anything?
Don Ernst
Louisville, Ky.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2019, 06:28:14 PM »

Tnx Dan, it warms my heart to hear that  :D

Btw, Paul and I are covered already  8). We need to support the community!

That reminds me about that old song: “And we all feel gay when Johnny comes marching home”. It has a different ring to it nowadays  :-* ;D : 8)

Check out the hub4 product page about mid page, the section talking about iem’s. That is my ulgy face  8)

https://www.midasconsoles.com/Categories/Midas/Mixers/I-O-Interfaces/HUB4/p/P0DM1#googtrans(en%7Cen)

They should let you have give you outright the first Wings so you can give us reports.   

:-* :-* /not gay but not saying there's anything wrong with that, just saw this emoji...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 06:30:55 PM by Robert Lofgren »

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2019, 07:06:21 PM »

Are you able to email me that library?

Well, I have updated my 3 Midas M32/M32R consoles yesterday and noticed that it replaced my Library presets with their stock ones.

No problem, I had my Library saved to a jump drive.  Tried reloading my presets and found that the first 8 loaded fine, but the rest did not.

Looking a little further, I tried loading one of the presets that did not change and found that my presets were there, but the names in the list did not.

Appears to be a bug in the new firmware.

I also tried to load the presets with a laptop connected and that would not work at all.  And yes, I updated the Midas Edit program, too.

Anyone else find anything?

Don Ernst

« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2019, 07:16:47 PM »

Are you able to email me that library?

Yes, just send me your email address at ernstaudio at gmail dot com.
Don Ernst
Louisville, Ky.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #216 on: November 16, 2019, 07:55:43 PM »

Check out the hub4 product page about mid page, the section talking about iem’s. That is my ulgy face  8)

I'm sorry to tell you that that changes everything. :'( :'(

Seriously, though, when Christian had the pre-production models of the X32 over what seemed like nearly a year, his positive but frank reports are what made me give the product some credence, and I don't doubt for a second that many other people felt the same way.

When it finally launched, some part of the happy frenzy that resulted, along with lots of early orders, must have been due in part to them giving him the consoles to mess around with and use in anger (so to speak) and then report about it. FWIW, I miss the excitement of those early days. It was fun to vicariously participate, and then more so when I had some of the relatively early ones and tried to figure them out.

IMHO they could do much worse than to do the same thing with this new one, and have some real world experience with it by normal people. You and Paul both come across as normal people, so why not you? Or me, for that matter??

Back to business: In the helpful page you quoted about the HUB4, in the section just before the page is ruined, it says:

"HUB4 can also address situations where you want to connect additional I/O via the same AES50 link to the mixing console. To help build out this AES50 console link, digital stage boxes such as the Midas DL16 or DL32 can be connected to the HUB4’s AES50-B (THRU) Port. The console can pass downstream signals to their respective stage outputs, while also receiving 48 channels upstream from the stage inputs via HUB4."

I see that it has 6 AES50 ports*; is that the gizmo I want to let me connect two consoles and their stage boxes together, with or without a third console? I can't quite wrap my head around what that quoted paragraph means.

Thanks again.

:-*

EDIT: *Crap, looking closer at the picture, those 4 are not AES50 at all. I still don't quite get what that quoted paragraph means vis-a-vis "connecting more I/O to the console".
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 07:59:50 PM by Dan Mortensen »

Don Ernst

« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2019, 09:23:05 PM »

An update to the bug I found in the V4.00 for X/M32.

In the Midas Edit app, the import function in the Library window does not work, however the Load function on the main screen does work to load a preset into a channel.
Don Ernst
Louisville, Ky.

Jason Joseph

• Vibrant Soundz
    • VibrantSoundz.net
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2019, 11:53:22 AM »

So one weird thing I did notice when playing around with X32 rack on v.4.
Wired via RJ45 cable and holding the L/R Main Volume knob scrolling up and down lead to a brief but noticeable audio drop out..

I was also running Serato DJ from the same laptop so it could be a resources thing. Ill play around with it some more in the coming weeks...

drew gandy

• Chicago and burbs
« Reply #219 on: November 19, 2019, 11:56:21 AM »

I could imagine a beer blocker being the next big thing, not a beer holder

Note to myself: dont tell joke about american beer and making love in a canoe

« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 12:23:03 PM by drew gandy »
Arrogance is usually far worse than ignorance. But every once in awhile they swap places.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #219 on: November 19, 2019, 11:56:21 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 25 queries.