ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?  (Read 46875 times)

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2019, 12:02:40 AM »

For me, it's "only":
Custom layers on the board (Mixing Station is perfect for this when mixing from a tablet)
DCA spill (Mixing Station does this well, too)
Allow granular (no 8 channel) IO routing.

These would make me happy. 

I'd also like the tap tempo display in the udk section to be configurable to show BPM (like the ipad app will already do).

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2019, 04:57:05 AM »

I’d like to see this thread stay on the topic. You are free to start your own non-v4 topics if you want to.

Btw, LinkedIn is usually your friend to see where people are working (or not). It took me 5 seconds to find out...

A bit like the Vulture Capitalists...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2019, 09:19:33 AM »

I’d like to see this thread stay on the topic. You are free to start your own non-v4 topics if you want to.

Btw, LinkedIn is usually your friend to see where people are working (or not). It took me 5 seconds to find out...

Ask EHP to make you a moderator.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2019, 09:36:57 AM »

I already admin/moderate the MusicTribe forum and that is more than enough mod work for me. Especially when the forum layout changed...

I just want to have this thread clean enough so I can forward the requests and maybe even point them to this thread.

Ask EHP to make you a moderator.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2019, 12:23:08 PM »

I already admin/moderate the MusicTribe forum and that is more than enough mod work for me. Especially when the forum layout changed...

I just want to have this thread clean enough so I can forward the requests and maybe even point them to this thread.

I suspect that if they plan a V4, and it requires a pretty big effort (like to change the 8 block restriction), they already have a requirements doc and project plan and schedule if they plan to code, test, and release within a year.

All these suggestions were made in the humongous thread I started years ago.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2019, 12:23:41 PM »

Robert was doing an exemplary job of modding the X32 & XR18 forums when I had occasion to visit. I've been left in the dust with the 'new & improved' Behringer forums so I don't know how things are there now but I'd imagine if its still standing at all he is part of the reason.

John L Nobile

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2019, 12:38:21 PM »

I would think that if a new firmware version is released it's to allow the X32 to interface with a new product. I would suspect a new card. Or possibly getting users to beta test something in the X32 replacement which must be in the works. I really can't new firmware being released for a product this old unless it leads to more revenue.

Or this could just be another vapourware rumour.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2019, 01:29:34 PM »

Or it could just be that they have no current plans of EOL the x32/m32 since it still sells very well and just want to address a couple of things to keep it competitive in the current market, like removing the fixed blocks-of-8 for even more ease of use.

Or this could just be another vapourware rumour.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2019, 01:33:59 PM »

Tnx Riley! It warms my heart to hear :-*

Paul Vannatto is the other cornerstone in this team to keep the MT-forum alive.

Robert was doing an exemplary job of modding the X32 & XR18 forums when I had occasion to visit. I've been left in the dust with the 'new & improved' Behringer forums so I don't know how things are there now but I'd imagine if its still standing at all he is part of the reason.

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2019, 01:43:45 PM »

A card for HDMI or DVID output for a video monitor or best case a touch monitor and the display will have a customizable layout
 I think that would be fantastico!
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2019, 01:43:45 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.