ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?  (Read 47750 times)

Daniel Levi

Re: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2019, 03:36:27 PM »

Going by their facebook post (Midas' that is), the DP48 can send the mixed audio BACK out the AES50 port so that if you have wireless IEM's you do not need an audio lead from the DP48 back to wireless world, just that the transmitter needs to be connected to an output somewhere on the AES50 network.

Also it gets colour coding/channel names from the mixer, so you know when patching exactly what channels are what, also they can be remote controlled from the mixer/mix engineer to assist performers on stage or, I suppose, to get extra monitor feeds if you run out of monitor/AUX sends. Plus at the same time it puts a headphone amp (well 2) on stage.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2019, 03:59:55 PM »

And it’s $400.

Yes, it feeds two different mixes (4ch) back down on the aes50 line.

Add a m32c, x32-rack or similar with dante/aes67/adat/madi/soundgrid/usb/firewire and you get a generic monitoring system for quite low money.

It can be used standalone with s16/s32 and this will let you interface to fully analog systems if you need to.

Going by their facebook post (Midas' that is), the DP48 can send the mixed audio BACK out the AES50 port so that if you have wireless IEM's you do not need an audio lead from the DP48 back to wireless world, just that the transmitter needs to be connected to an output somewhere on the AES50 network.

Also it gets colour coding/channel names from the mixer, so you know when patching exactly what channels are what, also they can be remote controlled from the mixer/mix engineer to assist performers on stage or, I suppose, to get extra monitor feeds if you run out of monitor/AUX sends. Plus at the same time it puts a headphone amp (well 2) on stage.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2019, 08:51:20 PM »

"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2019, 03:19:28 PM »

I’ve been playing around with the dp48/hub4 for a while. I really like this product since it integrates really well into my iem-rack  :-*

V4 is now confirmed in the product description for the new dp48 monitoring system for the x/m32 mixers (or any aes50/supermac enabled device for that matter!).

https://www.midasconsoles.com/Categories/Midas/Signal-Processors/In-Ear-Monitoring/DP48/p/P0BMX

Dave Dermont

• Forum Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • From The Great Pocono Northeast
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2019, 09:19:32 PM »

I already admin/moderate the MusicTribe forum and that is more than enough mod work for me. Especially when the forum layout changed...

I just want to have this thread clean enough so I can forward the requests and maybe even point them to this thread.

Mr. Lofgren

Thank you for playing. It's nice you can be here.

While you can certainly make any kind of requests for your post thread that you like, Let me remind you that this is a member driven forum, and all forum members are welcome to participate as they see fit, as long as it stays within the well established forum rules.

It's nice you can build traffic in the forum. Please do not discount the value of the market research it provides. I bet that we could agree that a bit of topic swerve is a small price to pay.

Have a nice day.

Dave Dermont

Warning: Dates on calendar may be closer than they appear

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2019, 12:54:18 AM »

Hi Dave,

I don’t care too much about marketing. I am just your neighborhood soundguy. Iam not an employee and have never been an employee of any of the Behringer owned companies. I don’t even collect money from them. I am just one of their volunteer forum admins.

I am fortunate enough to have developed friendships with many behringer guys over the years. One of the ‘benefits’ is that I every now and then get the chance to betatest x32 related software and sometimes even a piece of hardware. I am a beta tester for other companies as well as they value my technical expertise and I for some sadistic reason enjoy doing this.

I have helped many users over the years and have helpfully forwarded user requests and concerns to the development teams over the years. Volunteerly and unpaid.

When I was told that there might be a v4 firmware release coming I was excited to push for as many features as possible and instead of retyping everything I just wanted to point the developers to this thread and say; “Hey guys, here is a great thread about pro-user requests that you must look at”. However, due to some of the posted content I am no longer interested to point the developers to this thread as I feel that it would me look bad and I’m not so sure that they would have enjoyed either. I have forwarded the requests though.

Are you saying that I’m not allowed to politely ask participants to be on the thread topic without a backlash? I was hoping for an understanding and respect to keep this thread as clean as possible by the participants and for the sake of the users who had genuine requests, but that didn’t work out so well so I lost my excitement about collecting and pushing for user requests from this thread. So tell me, why should I care anymore...?

Marketing? Bah, humbug!

Mr. Lofgren

Thank you for playing. It's nice you can be here.

While you can certainly make any kind of requests for your post thread that you like, Let me remind you that this is a member driven forum, and all forum members are welcome to participate as they see fit, as long as it stays within the well established forum rules.

It's nice you can build traffic in the forum. Please do not discount the value of the market research it provides. I bet that we could agree that a bit of topic swerve is a small price to pay.

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 12:56:30 AM by Robert Lofgren »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2019, 03:01:38 AM »

Hi Dave,

I don’t care too much about marketing. I am just your neighborhood soundguy. Iam not an employee and have never been an employee of any of the Behringer owned companies. I don’t even collect money from them. I am just one of their volunteer forum admins.

I am fortunate enough to have developed friendships with many behringer guys over the years. One of the ‘benefits’ is that I every now and then get the chance to betatest x32 related software and sometimes even a piece of hardware. I am a beta tester for other companies as well as they value my technical expertise and I for some sadistic reason enjoy doing this.

I have helped many users over the years and have helpfully forwarded user requests and concerns to the development teams over the years. Volunteerly and unpaid.

When I was told that there might be a v4 firmware release coming I was excited to push for as many features as possible and instead of retyping everything I just wanted to point the developers to this thread and say; “Hey guys, here is a great thread about pro-user requests that you must look at”. However, due to some of the posted content I am no longer interested to point the developers to this thread as I feel that it would me look bad and I’m not so sure that they would have enjoyed either. I have forwarded the requests though.

Are you saying that I’m not allowed to politely ask participants to be on the thread topic without a backlash? I was hoping for an understanding and respect to keep this thread as clean as possible by the participants and for the sake of the users who had genuine requests, but that didn’t work out so well so I lost my excitement about collecting and pushing for user requests from this thread. So tell me, why should I care anymore...?

Marketing? Bah, humbug!

There is a forum for recreational vehicle owners that has some very interesting moderation and rules.  If one deviates from the topic, the user can be "moderated" out of existence, but if another user (including the OP) suggests that folks stick to the topic, s/he will be admonished for stifling participation.  The LAB and its subforums are much better in terms of both quality of information and the sense of community that exists here.

That said, if the folks at Music Grope can't sift through a couple of not-strictly-for-them posts, bah and humbug.  They can either dismiss the input of end users ranging from beginners to seasoned professionals or overlook the few things that are not strictly topical.

It's not personal, Robert.  You can send your buddies a link to the thread and let them deal accordingly.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2019, 09:30:06 AM »

Back to Production Partner's firmware v4 "leaks", a new page (original, translation to English) goes into a little more detail - and starts to look more credible.

A tweaked look & feel to the UI, a slightly kludgy way of making the "banks of 8" routing more flexible (while being backward compatible with existing scenes), support for the DP48.  The only thing really missing from my wish-list is custom layers & DCA spill, but they were always going to be tricky to implement given the layout of the control surface.

If this comes to pass for the 7 year old X32, then it's an unprecedented level of support in the audio world in my view.  There's a separate thread for the Si Expression/Performer where there's excitement over an update that's just landed with apparently a minor bugfix.  This is something else!  Assuming it arrives, and assuming that it all works, kudos again to Behringer.

Now then, what about the X32.2 / X64...?

Taylor Hall

« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2019, 09:44:24 AM »

If this comes to pass for the 7 year old X32, then it's an unprecedented level of support in the audio world in my view.  There's a separate thread for the Si Expression/Performer where there's excitement over an update that's just landed with apparently a minor bugfix.  This is something else!  Assuming it arrives, and assuming that it all works, kudos again to Behringer.

Now then, what about the X32.2 / X64...?
When you consider the X/M32 families have a million or more units in the wild at this point, it's no surprise that they'd want to keep things as fresh as possible. The X32 was a highly disruptive product when it came to market, and if I were MG I'd want to ride that wave as long as possible, too. It's undoubtedly way cheaper to spend dev time on an existing product to extract additional features or streamline workflows compared to putting out something entirely new, but I agree what we're probably going to see some manner of "big brother" come out in a year or two.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2019, 09:59:39 AM »

Tres chic. Not really a product that would see much (or any) use from me, but I'll be following its release closely since it will have to be hand-in-hand with the new console firmware.

Yes, I didn't realize that building an IEM mix in an aux send using  a tablet had become so difficult that one needed this extra piece of gear now to do it.  Of course,  I never really understood why anyone would buy the PM16 units either outside of studio work.

But if you're running out of aux mixes for IEMs, (which could easily happen if you need multiple stereo mixes), these are likely a much cheaper route to go than upgrading to a more capable mixer. For 6 players, $1200 is worth not eating up 12 auxes.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2019, 09:59:39 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.