ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?  (Read 46867 times)

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« on: August 10, 2019, 02:16:49 PM »

Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?

In a thread asking if it is a good idea or not to buy an X32 or is it about to be replaced, it was mentioned that there MAY be a version 4 firmware update. https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,171705.40.html

So rather than sidetrack that thread anymore I thought I would start a new thread asking what would you like to see changed if a new firmware where to be released. It may be too late for this but let’s try it anyway.

The one thing I would strongly suggest is to expand that capability, don’t force me to have to do something differently then I may like to do what it now does. In other words let me set it up the way I like. I would like the L/R master to be able to be an additional DCA fader. So if they do that make it a preference so it can be an added feature not a change that inhibits the way it works now. I use the Matrix outputs not the L/R outputs so now I use the L/R to route Playback to the Matrix. But I would prefer to sometimes have a 9th DCA master.

Used defined layers would be nice to have and have it also include the master section on the full sized consoles. So you could have 25 faders to define.

It would be nice to be able to Link 2 or more mixers together and have them act as one. Now I have to sub one board into the other. I use 2 M32 mixers when doing musical theater shows. And I have a bunch of trick to make it work for me.

I would like to see DCA spill enabled. On one console with this feature you double tap the DCA select button all channels associated with the DCA are now populated on the input faders usually starting from fader 16 as the highest channel and going to the left. And some automation of that feature would be nice. So it can be called with an OSC command.

Ability to lock scenes so they can’t be over written without unlocking the scene.

This is a start of my suggestions. Please feel free to add your own. And if you request something that is actually already available I am sure we will help you understand how that works and how to do it. 

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: Possible X32 firmware rumored. Your suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 06:18:44 PM »

Only thing I'd like to see is them fix is the oft-complained about issue with the iPad app, where you can't Pan inputs to stereo mixes on the faders page.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 09:06:26 PM »

Do you mean pan channel/sub mixes to the FoH mix?

This is already possible. Or are you thinking of something else?

Only thing I'd like to see is them fix is the oft-complained about issue with the iPad app, where you can't Pan inputs to stereo mixes on the faders page.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 09:12:51 PM »

Mixes. They probably call them Auxes...
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Gary Weller

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 09:46:57 PM »

Other than what's been mentioned, all my suggestions would require more horsepower than what's left and another card slot in the chassis.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 10:11:12 PM »

Horsepower or not, maybe there is a way to use zebras instead  ;D

I for one would like to have some nice tetris, breakout and tennis games added for those boring moments :P.  It is ok to dream a bit  :)

A workaround for the extra card slot is to add an x32core or similar. This is how I on occasion work around that limitation, if I ever need to but I use the x32rack instead of the x32core.

Other than what's been mentioned, all my suggestions would require more horsepower than what's left and another card slot in the chassis.

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 11:44:35 PM »

Ya, fix the stupid copy/paste on the graphic eq’s, and add custom layers to the app. Also, are people still having trouble using apple routers with x/m32? If so, fix that too please. I rarely have to mix on one, but it pisses me off every time I do.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Les Kanekuni

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 02:14:03 AM »

Probably not happening because of limitation on processing power, but I love to be able to insert more than one effects rack effect on a channel/bus/LR.

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 09:00:18 AM »

Probably not happening because of limitation on processing power, but I love to be able to insert more than one effects rack effect on a channel/bus/LR.

Thumbs up on that one, I would like that too.

I too have heard people say that there are certain things that can't be done because of processioning power limitations. But maybe there is more under the hood then they let on. And if that is the case maybe some of these things can be done. I can understand that they don't want to make the X32 too much like the Midas Pro series so maybe even if they could do somethings they won't.

Since you can have remote preamps in the stage box I wonder how hard it would be to allow more channels to be mixed at the same time.

John Schalk

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 09:29:34 AM »

I would like to be able to assign auxes/mixes to be pre or post fader individually instead of in pairs as it works today.

I would like to have dynamics on the console's aux inputs, or at a minimum, comps.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 09:29:34 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.