ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wielding Our Skills In Support Of The Art Of Music  (Read 1088 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW
Wielding Our Skills In Support Of The Art Of Music
« on: August 08, 2019, 08:39:58 am »

Improving Emotional Conductivity: Wielding Our Skills In Support Of The Art Of Music
The first and most important thing we can do is step away from the desk and listen with the heart of a fan and the ears of an engineer.
By Chris Mitchell August 7, 2019

My average adolescence changed forever one summer evening in 1985 at the old Charlotte Coliseum. Excitement hung thick in the audience as the walk-in music faded. House lights dropped and hundreds of sweaty bodies surged forward as the guitars roared the stage to life.

The emotional power of that moment has followed me for 34 years. Music, especially the live concert experience, became a positive way to channel all my tumultuous young emotions. Now I find myself in the position of crafting the technical and artistic recipe which transfers that emotion to thousands of fans every show...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/improving-emotional-conductivity-wielding-our-skills-in-support-of-the-art-of-music/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.