ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Itech HD audio architect  (Read 1883 times)

Steve Simmons

• Fort Worth, Texas
Itech HD audio architect
« on: August 05, 2019, 11:12:27 PM »

Hello all

I have a couple of Itech 12000HD amps. When looking at the amps in Audio architect, one of the amps has locks on the crossover, eq and delay settings. I have tried doing a factory reset of the amp, and tried reloading my presets but the locks are still there. When i do change presets, it appears that the settings are changing, as i have different speaker presets loaded.

Anyone have any ideas how to get the locks off?

Thanks
Steve

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Itech HD audio architect
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 11:35:17 PM »

Hello all

I have a couple of Itech 12000HD amps. When looking at the amps in Audio architect, one of the amps has locks on the crossover, eq and delay settings. I have tried doing a factory reset of the amp, and tried reloading my presets but the locks are still there. When i do change presets, it appears that the settings are changing, as i have different speaker presets loaded.

Anyone have any ideas how to get the locks off?

Thanks
Steve

If these are presets from a Harman "Device File", you can't unlock those parameters.  When you load a device file or preset file, those parameters will change, as they will also do when you change between presets.  You will not see any indication in AA or on the amplifier front panel, but they do change.

If these are presets that you or someone else built, you need to contact Crown.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Steve Simmons

• Fort Worth, Texas
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 12:05:03 AM »

If these are presets from a Harman "Device File", you can't unlock those parameters.  When you load a device file or preset file, those parameters will change, as they will also do when you change between presets.  You will not see any indication in AA or on the amplifier front panel, but they do change.

If these are presets that you or someone else built, you need to contact Crown.

Thanks Tim - I appreciate you taking the time to answer so quickly!

These are presets that I built and have loaded on 9000's and another 12000. I think there is something up with this amp as these locks show up even on the default preset and blank presets.

Steve

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 01:14:40 AM »

Thanks Tim - I appreciate you taking the time to answer so quickly!

These are presets that I built and have loaded on 9000's and another 12000. I think there is something up with this amp as these locks show up even on the default preset and blank presets.

Steve

I think we have a couple of forum users who've been fairly deep inside the I-Tech HD and I hope they see this thread.  I know there's a hierarchical access/security scheme and special tools to load FIR-related things and set those security bit flags... and probably make coffee and email a pizza order, too.  How any of that may or may not be done, or how deep a reset goes, is well above my pay grade.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Steve Simmons

• Fort Worth, Texas
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 02:05:57 PM »

I was able to speak with crown tech support. They did a screen share with me and were able to get the locks removed.  They added a new amp and then saved a device file from the new amp. They then opened that new device file from my amp and the locks were removed.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 02:05:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.