ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: play records through microphone line  (Read 3763 times)

Grzegorz Talibowy

play records through microphone line
« on: August 05, 2019, 08:12:47 AM »

Hey guys I need your help and i hope maybe here i'll get my answet. :) I'm looking for a programme that allow to play records (that i make) through microphone line.

I work as a pollster at home, on my private computer (with Windows 10). And as it happens on this job, people quite rarely agree for an interview so most of the time i repeat the same introduction and this kills my throat. So I would like to record some of the lines I say and play it. But I can't use any binds, because the programme that I use to do interviews doesn't allow me to basically do anything. So I need a programme that could play the records through microphone line, so my programme would think that I am saying it and allow it to play to my interviews.

I have tried to use a programme called Resanance, but I had one big problem with it. I could only play records or only speak with my interviews. I can't do both at the same time, and I don't know why. Maybe it's my fault, but I think I've tried every possible combinations with my settings and it didn't work. So maybe you guys could help me find the right programme? It can be paid.

If you need more details please tell me.

PS. Sorry if it's wrong forum section :)

Taylor Hall

Re: play records through microphone line
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 08:16:24 AM »

You'll need to update your profile name to be your actual name, then we can help you out.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Grzegorz Talibowy

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 09:51:40 AM »

You'll need to update your profile name to be your actual name, then we can help you out.
I did it.... Long time ago.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 10:51:00 AM »

So you want help making robo-calls...   I think I'll pass.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 12:46:05 PM »

So you want help making robo-calls...   I think I'll pass.

JR

+1.

This definitely is a post in the wrong forum.  We're here for live audio reproduction, not phone system stuff.  And robocalls are just evil.  There's a reason people don't want to talk to you when you call them.
Brian Jojade

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 07:32:43 PM »

+1.

This definitely is a post in the wrong forum.  We're here for live audio reproduction, not phone system stuff.  And robocalls are just evil.  There's a reason people don't want to talk to you when you call them.

Anything to mute robo-calls or better yet not allow them to even ring - would be best. 

I can't say for sure, but aren't most robo-calls done by a computer, playing an MP3 or similar file out via phone?  Then the operator 'punches in' if the call-ee wants to talk? 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 07:48:29 PM »

Anything to mute robo-calls or better yet not allow them to even ring - would be best. 

I can't say for sure, but aren't most robo-calls done by a computer, playing an MP3 or similar file out via phone?  Then the operator 'punches in' if the call-ee wants to talk?

Caleb, it's far more complicated than that.  They are using CTI, computer telephone interface languages that can detect answering machines or if a human answers.

Here is a fun fact.  The most popular free CTI application FreePBX, has over 40 million downloads and I was one of the leaders of the group that founded that project (It's Open Source, like Linux, in fact it runs on Linux).  If you have no programming experience you can download FreePBX and setup a fairly sophisticated call center.  You don't even need phones, you can use a softphone on your computer and a $2.00 headset.

Since the cost of entry is so low, sadly most shady call centers are using our software.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 09:01:01 PM »

Since the cost of entry is so low, sadly most shady call centers are using our software.

Well thanks a bunch buddy! The next time I get a call from “Hi, this is Kristi at rewards center....”  I may utter your name in vain!   ;D ;D

Seriously, way cool on the hugely successful open source tool. My day job for the last half of my career evolved into software development and we went all open source — pure LAMP stack.  It really ticked off the vendors who wanted to rope us into their proprietary solutions.  That quite possibly has left me with an extra soft spot for David’s MixingStation efforts.
..db

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 09:08:53 PM »

Caleb, it's far more complicated than that.  They are using CTI, computer telephone interface languages that can detect answering machines or if a human answers.

Here is a fun fact.  The most popular free CTI application FreePBX, has over 40 million downloads and I was one of the leaders of the group that founded that project (It's Open Source, like Linux, in fact it runs on Linux).  If you have no programming experience you can download FreePBX and setup a fairly sophisticated call center.  You don't even need phones, you can use a softphone on your computer and a $2.00 headset.

and here is how to trick the machine... if you get a call from a number you do not recognize, pick up the handset and say nothing... after a few seconds of dead air it will disconnect, thinking you are an answering machine.

A real human calling you will say hello....

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 11:15:20 PM »

Did you leave a back door in it so you can find and destroy these scammers?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 11:15:20 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.