ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BH 760 specs or photos  (Read 4391 times)

Matt Ristrom

BH 760 specs or photos
« on: July 31, 2019, 12:43:36 PM »

I am building a pair of BH 760 cabs and have them ready to assemble but I am missing the specs for the cutout in the 1/2" spacer for the driver, and the size of the cutout going into the throat of the horn. I do not have the box available in Kansas City to look at in person. Does anyone have specs or photos they could share?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: BH 760 specs or photos
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 01:43:13 PM »

Hi Matt-

I can't help with the direct question but thought I'd leave you with this bit of Live Audio Board history:  the BH760, IIRC, was the impetus for Tom Danley designing and then giving away the LABsub.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 03:46:08 PM »

Hi Matt-

I can't help with the direct question but thought I'd leave you with this bit of Live Audio Board history:  the BH760, IIRC, was the impetus for Tom Danley designing and then giving away the LABsub.
Exactly

His idea was to show that an "average" woodworker could build a better performing sub from a popular big name brand, for less money.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 03:56:02 PM »

I am building a pair of BH 760 cabs and have them ready to assemble but I am missing the specs for the cutout in the 1/2" spacer for the driver, and the size of the cutout going into the throat of the horn. I do not have the box available in Kansas City to look at in person. Does anyone have specs or photos they could share?
According to plans in this thread:
https://forum.speakerplans.com/eaw-bh760_topic21659_page3.html
the 1/2" spacer would have a 278.1mm circle, and the offset horn throat cut out is a 140mm square.
The spacer size depends on the actual driver's surround diameter.
If you were to use longer excursion drivers than the OEM drivers, a 1/2" spacer may not be deep enough to avoid surround damage at Xlim.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 03:56:02 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.