ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evolution Of The DJ: An Interview With Akira The Don  (Read 2948 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW
Evolution Of The DJ: An Interview With Akira The Don
« on: July 29, 2019, 10:32:23 am »

Evolution Of The DJ: An Interview With Akira The Don
YouTube’s internet DJ discusses the journey towards finding meaning in the music.
By M. Erik Matlock • July 29, 2019

I first discovered Akira the Don while searching for some mindless house tracks to occupy the other side of my brain while focused on editing. YouTube itself gets a degree of credit for mashing up my searches for self-improvement and philosophy lectures. Akira’s Meaningwave mixes found their way into my playlist and here we are.

Akira is a globally recognized artist and DJ based in Los Angeles who has collaborated with the likes of Dr. Jordan B. Peterson, Joe Rogan, Jocko Willink, David Goggins and many more. At the time of our interview, Akira shows better than 5,500 Soundcloud subscribers, 40,000 on YouTube, almost 90,000 on Spotify with no signs of slowing down.

Akira operates under the concept of “hyper-productivity” where the idea is to work as hard as possible, find the most efficient way to tackle each task and create routines that are highly productive, yet sustainable for years. He’s an interesting guy and gladly shared his story…

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/recording/evolution-of-the-dj-an-interview-with-akira-the-don/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.