ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inflatable stage cover experience/advice.  (Read 1307 times)

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
Inflatable stage cover experience/advice.
« on: February 12, 2020, 02:50:18 AM »

Hello everyone.

Looking for some feedback from anyone who owns/deploys an inflatable type stage cover (Pros, Cons, tricks for young players).
I live and work in an area with a reasonably high annual rainfall (think rain forest ) and many events are postponed or cancelled due to a lack of covered outdoor areas.
There is a definite hole in the market to provide a solution to the problem.
Have been looking at covers about 8m W x 6m D x 4m H in a half barrel style.
I know something of that size would need a lot  of staking down to keep it safe in wind but what else do I need to think of?.
Also how do they effect the sound? I am assuming they could potentially be a bit tricky/reflective.

Thanks in advance.

Douglas R. Allen

Re: Inflatable stage cover experience/advice.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 05:36:34 AM »

Hello everyone.

Looking for some feedback from anyone who owns/deploys an inflatable type stage cover (Pros, Cons, tricks for young players).
I live and work in an area with a reasonably high annual rainfall (think rain forest ) and many events are postponed or cancelled due to a lack of covered outdoor areas.
There is a definite hole in the market to provide a solution to the problem.
Have been looking at covers about 8m W x 6m D x 4m H in a half barrel style.
I know something of that size would need a lot  of staking down to keep it safe in wind but what else do I need to think of?.
Also how do they effect the sound? I am assuming they could potentially be a bit tricky/reflective.

Thanks in advance.

The ones I worked in were quite Dull sounding inside. Kind of dead. Maybe it was the fabric it was made out of or just the nature of the sort of clam shell shape. 
Remember part of keeping things dry as a sound person you know you have to include speakers for these kind of shows. Make sure its large enough for the band and the PA.   Also keeping the band and pa dry does little to keep the crowd dry. Everyone seems to dissipear in a pooring rain.  Also most of these don't want to be folded up until dry. Can you leave it setup, powered up for a few days to dry off?  Supply 24 hour security while it sits there so "someone" doesn't go after it with a knife some night? Are you thinking of renting or buying?

Douglas R. Allen

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 01:34:47 PM »

The ones I worked in were quite Dull sounding inside. Kind of dead. Maybe it was the fabric it was made out of or just the nature of the sort of clam shell shape. 
Remember part of keeping things dry as a sound person you know you have to include speakers for these kind of shows. Make sure its large enough for the band and the PA.   Also keeping the band and pa dry does little to keep the crowd dry. Everyone seems to dissipear in a pooring rain.  Also most of these don't want to be folded up until dry. Can you leave it setup, powered up for a few days to dry off?  Supply 24 hour security while it sits there so "someone" doesn't go after it with a knife some night? Are you thinking of renting or buying?

Douglas R. Allen

Thanks

Was considering buying as there is no hire options anywhere close.
Most locals are used to a bit of rain but if it was really raining hard we would still pull the plug, I guess the main aim is to provide cover for times when we get lighter rain or passing showers as these are the most problematic.
Security and drying is an interesting thought as I wouldn’t be able to leave it set up in the area where it would mostly be used.

Cheers

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 02:00:04 PM »

After Rain  clean up and move,  You might consider packing it up wet and will you have a secure place at home to setup and dry out.   Boy Scouts and Camping ?   We set them up on a local home or farm and wait for the drying out and clean up.  This does require tear down and move.  Setup again upon arrival at home or secure site.   

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 04:29:27 AM »

After Rain  clean up and move,  You might consider packing it up wet and will you have a secure place at home to setup and dry out.   Boy Scouts and Camping ?   We set them up on a local home or farm and wait for the drying out and clean up.  This does require tear down and move.  Setup again upon arrival at home or secure site.

Good point thanks.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 04:29:27 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.