ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving coordination from IAS into WWB  (Read 1566 times)

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
Moving coordination from IAS into WWB
« on: July 23, 2019, 05:10:59 PM »

Hi all.

I've been struggling to find a quick way to create an inventory in Workbench from an IAS coordination. Your ideas are very welcome, I'll share my method nonetheless...

https://youtu.be/XZKUu4rVCPY

I just recently acquired an IAS licence and have coordinated a few festivals this summer using it, but I'm still relying on workbench for spectum monitoring/logging as I like to have an AXT600 around me - in a high and central location on the festival grounds.

Hope you find the video usefull. I wish it was a bit shorter. Here's a quick run of the procedure:

1) Coordinate in IAS
2) Export report (Master List)
3) Paste master list into Excel columns for arranging/filtering
4) Create empty custom equipment profile in Workbench. Use fixed frequencies. Export .eqp file
5) Edit .epq file: paste coordinated frequencies into it
6) Import profile into WWB
7) Add channels to inventory; same number as coordinated frequencies
8) Add frequencies from inventory into coordination workspace
9) Calculate. If spacing is short and profile is set to not produce IMD, should find all frequencies
10) Deploy to inventory
11) Add names, tags, colors and you are all set.

Cheers,

d:ogo
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 05:33:06 PM by Diogo Nunes Pereira »
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: Moving coordination from IAS into WWB
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 07:50:29 PM »

Hi all.

I've been struggling to find a quick way to create an inventory in Workbench from an IAS coordination. Your ideas are very welcome, I'll share my method nonetheless...

https://youtu.be/XZKUu4rVCPY

I just recently acquired an IAS licence and have coordinated a few festivals this summer using it, but I'm still relying on workbench for spectum monitoring/logging as I like to have an AXT600 around me - in a high and central location on the festival grounds.

Hope you find the video usefull. I wish it was a bit shorter. Here's a quick run of the procedure:

1) Coordinate in IAS
2) Export report (Master List)
3) Paste master list into Excel columns for arranging/filtering
4) Create empty custom equipment profile in Workbench. Use fixed frequencies. Export .eqp file
5) Edit .epq file: paste coordinated frequencies into it
6) Import profile into WWB
7) Add channels to inventory; same number as coordinated frequencies
8) Add frequencies from inventory into coordination workspace
9) Calculate. If spacing is short and profile is set to not produce IMD, should find all frequencies
10) Deploy to inventory
11) Add names, tags, colors and you are all set.

Cheers,

d:ogo
first...Expecting a coordination in IAS and WWB is fruitless... they never will agree, especially if you have a lot of frequencies.

what I d is...

1. coordinate in IAS

2. let WWB find its own inventory of Shure equipment

3. Manually enter non Shure eq

4. enter freqs into inventory

5 deploy Shure eq

6 manually enter non Shure
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 08:37:49 PM »

first...Expecting a coordination in IAS and WWB is fruitless... they never will agree, especially if you have a lot of frequencies.

Hi Pete. Thanks,

Agreed and believe me, I totally know that. This last months, I had my share of trying to explain that same thing to touring RF techs - who's frequency I assigned in IAS - when they tryed to analyse their bundle in WWB.

My goal is another altogether: I am using IAS to coordinate, but have WWB hooked to a spectrum analyser from Shure. Having those IAS frequencies in WWB inventory produce markers on those specific frequencies in workbench spectrum plot: this then allows me to quickly verify proper deployment of my daily coordination, catch intruders, etcetera...

Coordinating RF at festivals I have no Shure (or other brand) gear attached to WWB (except for the Spectrum Manager), and I don't care about workbench coordination results. I was just trying to find a quick way to import the daily IAS coordination to WWB for monitoring.

Tricking the spacing/IM variables in the custom profile allow me to do just that.

Sorry for not making myself clear in the first post..

Thanks again for your prompt reply skills.

D
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 08:37:49 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 24 queries.