ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easy setup to monitor Crown amps  (Read 1294 times)

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Easy setup to monitor Crown amps
« on: August 04, 2019, 12:26:24 AM »

Hi All.

I've got a few Crown ITech HD amps.  Back when I got them, there was an awesome iPad app that I could use to monitor the status of each amp.  It was super simple. I opened the app, and I could see the amps and check to make sure nothing was clipping, that the temperature was ok, and overall, it was working.

Well, Crown gave up on the app, and now it's gone, history, deleted from my iPad and phone without warning.  Grr. 

Does anyone know of another similar simple solution for monitoring the amps?  It's quite annoying that they STILL list the powered by crown app on the website, but it's been unavailable and non functional for at least a year now.

Audio Architect is PC only.  While I could find a PC to dedicate to this task, it seems as thought the software has a pretty steep learning curve just to do what I want to do, which is just check on the health of a half dozen amps. Nothing fancy, nothing more than monitoring would be fine.

I really miss the Powered by Crown amp. It was the selling point for me to pick these amps over other options.

Any suggestions?
Brian Jojade

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
Re: Easy setup to monitor Crown amps
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 03:55:35 AM »

I've found that very cheap Win10 tablets can still run basic software, so the cash outlay would be minimal. If the learning curve is really bad, perhaps there's a local expert that'll set it up in exchange for a few beers.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 04:01:50 AM »

Hi All.

I've got a few Crown ITech HD amps.  Back when I got them, there was an awesome iPad app that I could use to monitor the status of each amp.  It was super simple. I opened the app, and I could see the amps and check to make sure nothing was clipping, that the temperature was ok, and overall, it was working.

Well, Crown gave up on the app, and now it's gone, history, deleted from my iPad and phone without warning.  Grr. 

Does anyone know of another similar simple solution for monitoring the amps?  It's quite annoying that they STILL list the powered by crown app on the website, but it's been unavailable and non functional for at least a year now.

Audio Architect is PC only.  While I could find a PC to dedicate to this task, it seems as thought the software has a pretty steep learning curve just to do what I want to do, which is just check on the health of a half dozen amps. Nothing fancy, nothing more than monitoring would be fine.

I really miss the Powered by Crown amp. It was the selling point for me to pick these amps over other options.

Any suggestions?

It's been so long since I powered up my iPad or used the Powered by Crown app....

If all you want is some meter panels you can do that with Audio Architect fairly easy, using a pre-configured panel, or you can create a custom panel if you have the patience.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »

I've found that very cheap Win10 tablets can still run basic software, so the cash outlay would be minimal. If the learning curve is really bad, perhaps there's a local expert that'll set it up in exchange for a few beers.

Chris

You only have to be an expert to make pretty panels. To monitor a few amps you basically need to turn on the program, set the amps auto populate, and go online, hitting the R button (for receive settings from amps).

Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.