ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Better quality is a must. JBL SRX OR JBL PRX.  (Read 9715 times)

Giorgos Naias

Re: Better quality is a must. JBL SRX OR JBL PRX.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 03:40:37 AM »

Thank all of you guys for your suggestions almost everything you said I kind of thought about it but the thing is that in Greece and ok also Europe that I can buy from the prices allow me to buy

2 prx 825 and 2 prx 818 with covers for 4450€
Or
2 srx 835 and 1 srx 818 with covers for 4690€

I can't take the 828 because it's a bit heavy for me and also I have a space limit.
I know if I buy 2 subwoofer is bigger in the size but I also put one left and one right in my home cinema witch I can't do with the 828.

The other combination I could do is

2 prx 818 and 2 srx 812 with covers for 4600€

This are the options I have and this are the costs of them and the money I can afford.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 03:53:46 AM »

The SRX will sound better, but 2x 835 with 1x 818 makes very little sense IMO. The subwoofer will not keep up with the main speakers. Better would be 2x 812 and 2x 818.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Giorgos Naias

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2019, 06:28:36 AM »

The SRX will sound better, but 2x 835 with 1x 818 makes very little sense IMO. The subwoofer will not keep up with the main speakers. Better would be 2x 812 and 2x 818.

Chris

I know my friend but their price is 5600€ and I can't afford that.
In the future maybe I can add one more 818.

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2019, 06:56:29 AM »

I would worry about subs first, tops second.

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019, 09:42:12 AM »

OP, if you find the size of the 828 too large, the SRX835P is not that much smaller and is very heavy.  I would suggest this rig:

2 x JBL SRX812P
2 x JBL SRX818SP

Compact, loud, sounds very good, easy to move, can add more 818s later if you need more oomph. 

Just my $0.02.

Matthias McCready

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2019, 12:38:51 PM »

I can't take the 828 because it's a bit heavy for me and also I have a space limit.
I know if I buy 2 subwoofer is bigger in the size but I also put one left and one right in my home cinema witch I can't do with the 828.

The 828 may be too large, however, I did want to say it is actually easier for me to move than the 818. While it takes up some transport real estate it is much easier to load in and out of a truck or trailer as you can tilt it in over the bumper. With casters and tilting it is a very easy one man move. With two people it is a pretty lightbox to move (IMO) especially with handles being in good places.

Also for whatever subs you do end up with, it is best practice to have your subs located together. While not an issue in your house, timing becomes a very significant issue in larger spaces, once you separate them certain frequencies will now arrive out of time from each other and will cancel each other for parts of your audience. Separating your subs L and R, tends to cause problems. Additionally sticking your subs right next to eachother allows them to work together and it means they will be much louder. Just by putting together you will get some free dB!
Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Bill Hornibrook

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2019, 01:07:25 PM »

I would worry about subs first, tops second.

I completely agree, particularly considering the genres of music you are into. Since money is tight (a new wrinkle we're now learning), forget SRX. Since storage is tight (another factor that's just now coming into play), instead of four prx818s get three. Center cluster them in front of the DJ so people aren't falling into his kit, and you're good to go for your gigs in the sand.

Been there done that by the way. If I'm mixing outdoors and there's no stage or booth, I prefer the subs in front of me for my own protection. Have I mentioned how drunk people can get outdoors in the summer? :D

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2019, 08:47:17 PM »

Hello,

For main speakers, if vocal clarity is important, then the 3-way SRX 835 is a good choice, if the dispersion pattern is acceptable.

Matching two main speakers with 1 subwoofer results in very low utility of the main speakers capability. You need at least 1 SRX818 to keep up with 1 STX835. I think if the sub bass produced by 1 SRX818 is sufficient sub bass for your need, then the SRX835 should have enough sub bass without any subs.
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

Giorgos Naias

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2019, 01:35:29 AM »

Again thank you for your time...

All your suggestions are really helpful and that was also the 'fear' I had in my mind that the 2 srx835 speakers will swallow the one SRX 818 (at least until I buy a second one) and like I said before I was quite happy with my prx 700 2*725 and 2 718.

But know after I sold them the two options that I have are the one above with the SRX or the prx 2 825 and 2 prx818 and I understand that the prx system will sound more full and the SRX will sound more clear but it will need more bass right?

So here is where I need your help to help me understand the difference of that 2 systems that I can buy for now and hopefully can buy more in the future.

Thank for all your help and excuse my English if I don't make sense some times.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2019, 03:09:26 AM »

Again thank you for your time...

All your suggestions are really helpful and that was also the 'fear' I had in my mind that the 2 srx835 speakers will swallow the one SRX 818 (at least until I buy a second one) and like I said before I was quite happy with my prx 700 2*725 and 2 718.

But know after I sold them the two options that I have are the one above with the SRX or the prx 2 825 and 2 prx818 and I understand that the prx system will sound more full and the SRX will sound more clear but it will need more bass right?

So here is where I need your help to help me understand the difference of that 2 systems that I can buy for now and hopefully can buy more in the future.

Thank for all your help and excuse my English if I don't make sense some times.

One 825 will swallow the 818!  The 828 is barely adequate.  Two 828's would give you a bit of headroom.

I want to reinforce the 825, nor is any dual 15 a great sounding speaker.  The 835 is the way to go.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2019, 03:09:26 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.