ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbosound FlexArray Diaphragm Sources  (Read 8338 times)

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
Re: Turbosound FlexArray Diaphragm Sources
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2019, 07:50:34 AM »

Good day to you all,
You may have seen my recent appointment to Lead Turbosound. For your information I joined Turbo back in 94 and those formative years gave me a base in what turbosounds identity should be. I can assure you that I will use every effort to bring the brand back to where you guys think it should be operating.
In the very near future you will see some products that I hope will make you consider turbo once more.
Feel free to contact me with concerns or ideas at any time. It would be a pleasure to talk with you all
Welcome to the forum Chris.
I believe the "rules" state that you should put your company affiliation in your signature line. That way, everyone knows who you are representing.

Now, "meat and potatoes" time.
Introducing new,exciting product is fine.
If I'm running a sound business and not a hobby shop, I NEED to know the following.
a> I'm buying several K$ of your gear. will I be supported in that investment for the next 6 or 8 years?
b> Will there still be value in that rig when I go to sell it off for the next rig?
c> If I am happy with the rig, and well supported, I'll keep it as a "B" or "C" rig. Will replacement parts and support be available in 10 and 15 years?
d> As a "weekend warrior", buying a part of Chris's old rig, will I be able to get parts and support when it is no longer "The Hot New Toy"?

Time will tell.
The current "management" does not inspire confidence for me to drop Piles-o-money on current Turbo product.

Chris.
Back last century, i spent a wack of time on TMS-3 and TMS-4 systems. 6 to 40 boxes.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2019, 09:20:11 AM »

Good day to you all,
You may have seen my recent appointment to Lead Turbosound. For your information I joined Turbo back in 94 and those formative years gave me a base in what turbosounds identity should be. I can assure you that I will use every effort to bring the brand back to where you guys think it should be operating.
In the very near future you will see some products that I hope will make you consider turbo once more.
Feel free to contact me with concerns or ideas at any time. It would be a pleasure to talk with you all

Hello Chris,

Congratulations on your new position with Turbosound.  I remember you from your original days.  Sincerely wishing you much success in reestablishing Turbosound as a serious professional speaker company.  There is a lot of work to do.  Supporting previous products and those who have invested in the brand is fundamental.  Please tell me what is the current and planned future availability of replacement drivers for TFA600 Flex Array?  There are thousands of these speakers in the market.  Thank you.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Peter Morris

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2019, 01:12:10 AM »

Good day to you all,

Hi Chris,

Employers often select new employees based on the fact that the best indicator of future performance is their past performance. In general I think it’s fair to apply this assumption to companies especially where the Board / CEO / Owner remains unchanged – a leopard doesn’t change its spots.

In this respect when MG bought Turbosound they deleted the Flex Array and Flashline line arrays.  Not only that, there was no immediate replacement for these systems and obtaining spare parts became difficult if not impossible. 

This left the loyal Turbosound pro-users like me in a very precarious position. We owned a great product that did not appear to have a future. Its resale value had plummeted on the announcement of the purchase by MG based on what people were expecting to happen, and later proved correct.

Eventually, like many other Turbosound users I sold all of our Flex at a ridiculous low price and bought something else.  This experience also prompted me to sell our Midas Pro2 and I am now trying to minimise our inventory of Lab Gruppen and Lake. These are all wonderful products, but not something I want to own based on MG past performance in the Pro sector.

Having said that I’m happy to buy Behringer MI products, they seem to be reasonably reliable and offer good performance for the price. When they fail, if I can’t fix them I can afford to put them in the bin.

Anyway … Congratulations on your new position. There were some great people at Turbosound and it would be nice if some of these could prove me wrong – wishing you all the best.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 06:09:01 AM by Peter Morris »

Karel Noon

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2019, 04:40:02 PM »

BTW. The big flashline Array was probably one of the best I ever heard. To bad it’s gone

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2019, 09:41:14 AM »

BTW. The big flashline Array was probably one of the best I ever heard. To bad it’s gone

I heard it when Sully brought the demo rig through Richmond.  Very impressive.  Just like 4 or so other top tier line arrays already in the market with years of rider acceptance behind them.  Flashline got no traction and they sold a total of zero new systems in the US.  (Don't know about the rest of the world but I'm guessing that reaction was an international phenomenon.)  The demo rig was offered to me at a fire sale price after it sat in warehouse here in the states unused for about a year.  I declined.  I imagine the price kept getting better as Lennox Foster with SoundMedia in South Florida bought the demo rig about six months after that. As far as I know he has the only system in the world.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Karel Noon

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2019, 04:55:21 PM »

Too bad but that was almost foreseeable.
For me when I heard the Demo it surpassed the other arrays at that time, but by now it will probably be outperformed by Adamsin E series or other systems.

Hey Chris,
Is it possible to shed a little light on the future of old systems? Thanks :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2019, 04:55:21 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.