ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbosound FlexArray Diaphragm Sources  (Read 8278 times)

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
Re: Turbosound FlexArray Diaphragm Sources
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 11:55:34 AM »

Before purchasing d&b V in 2016, we were considering FlexArray. Steve Payne was kind enough to spend a good 30 minutes on the phone with me talking about how great the system had been for Soundworks, but even then he was wary of the future with Music Tribe/Group now at the helm of Turbosound, which is one of several reasons we ultimately decided on d&b even at a substantial premium. It's sad to see those concerns becoming reality, but I'm endlessly thankful for the advice Steve provided.

This message board is such a wonderful community.

Good luck, Marc. Hope you're able to find some reliable parts sources.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 12:07:16 PM »

Before purchasing d&b V in 2016, we were considering FlexArray. Steve Payne was kind enough to spend a good 30 minutes on the phone with me talking about how great the system had been for Soundworks, but even then he was wary of the future with Music Tribe/Group now at the helm of Turbosound, which is one of several reasons we ultimately decided on d&b even at a substantial premium. It's sad to see those concerns becoming reality, but I'm endlessly thankful for the advice Steve provided.

This message board is such a wonderful community.

Good luck, Marc. Hope you're able to find some reliable parts sources.

Steve, we considered FlexArray briefly back when it was a new-ish product.  My boss wasn't convinced that Turbo would be in business in another 5 years and we went with another brand.

Music Group has become a shit stain spread across the Professional audio market.  Evisceration of Midas/KT, bastardization of the Turbo name for MI sales (sure, that's where the money is but you need the Patina of Professional to sustain the name), etc.  While I doubt that either Midas or Turbo would have survived on their own (Bosch was weeks from shutting down Midas/KT, I'm told) what Music Group has done to them has left shells of their former selves in the professional audio sphere.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2019, 12:43:14 PM »

Thanks everyone.  And thanks Steve! He got the wheel turning.  I finally got the UK parts department to ship me one from their limited remaining stock.  I'm not too optimistic about the future of this box though. It should never take that much effort to track down an essential spare part.
ONE? Really?
I would have hit them for 2, minimum.
i think i would be looking at a new rig too.
Sell this one off while it is in working condition.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Peter Morris

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2019, 08:03:33 PM »

Steve, we considered FlexArray briefly back when it was a new-ish product.  My boss wasn't convinced that Turbo would be in business in another 5 years and we went with another brand.

Music Group has become a shit stain spread across the Professional audio market.  Evisceration of Midas/KT, bastardization of the Turbo name for MI sales (sure, that's where the money is but you need the Patina of Professional to sustain the name), etc.  While I doubt that either Midas or Turbo would have survived on their own (Bosch was weeks from shutting down Midas/KT, I'm told) what Music Group has done to them has left shells of their former selves in the professional audio sphere.

Absolutely – We did have a reasonable amount of Flex which I have recently sold like Steve. They were a great box but it’s exactly as you said unfortunately  :(

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 12:12:55 PM »

Absolutely – We did have a reasonable amount of Flex which I have recently sold like Steve. They were a great box but it’s exactly as you said unfortunately  :(

Turbosound served our company well for decades.  Through TMS, Flash/Flood, Aspect and Flex.  All great products at the top of their game.  Turbosound was guided and driven by brilliant and passionate people that loved audio.  Now it is a smoke and mirrors dumping ground for half baked MI products with 10 year warrantys backed up with no phone number and an email that is not answered.  Given Soundworks history if you look at who is now at the helm of Martin Audio it should come as no surprise that we chose the team at Martin as our partners for what we see as a bright and strong future.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 09:29:44 PM by Steve Payne »
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Marc Holland

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2019, 03:29:07 PM »

ONE? Really?
I would have hit them for 2, minimum.
i think i would be looking at a new rig too.
Sell this one off while it is in working condition.
Chris.

I asked....it was literally all they had available.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2019, 10:09:50 PM »

I asked....it was literally all they had available.

Have you called precision devices?  My biz parter said they OEM many drivers from that period
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2019, 07:46:32 AM »

Post  a picture of the diaphragm and or driver, I bet someone here could identify it.

Chris G Hinds

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2019, 06:03:49 AM »

Good day to you all,
You may have seen my recent appointment to Lead Turbosound. For your information I joined Turbo back in 94 and those formative years gave me a base in what turbosounds identity should be. I can assure you that I will use every effort to bring the brand back to where you guys think it should be operating.
In the very near future you will see some products that I hope will make you consider turbo once more.
Feel free to contact me with concerns or ideas at any time. It would be a pleasure to talk with you all
Brand Leader
Turbosound

Karel Noon

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2019, 07:17:57 AM »

Good day to you all,
You may have seen my recent appointment to Lead Turbosound. For your information I joined Turbo back in 94 and those formative years gave me a base in what turbosounds identity should be. I can assure you that I will use every effort to bring the brand back to where you guys think it should be operating.
In the very near future you will see some products that I hope will make you consider turbo once more.
Feel free to contact me with concerns or ideas at any time. It would be a pleasure to talk with you all

Start by providing spare parts for old products ;)
Or stating clearly what products and why are not supported anymore, I think that would be very helpful.

New products? Less is more, not 25 lines, some only consisting of subwoofers....

Good luck, I think everyone would love to see turbo making a comeback.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2019, 07:17:57 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.