ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbosound FlexArray Diaphragm Sources  (Read 8284 times)

Marc Holland

Turbosound FlexArray Diaphragm Sources
« on: July 19, 2019, 02:49:57 PM »

Does anyone have a source for replacement diaphragms for FlexArray boxes (Turbosound RD117) ? I finally got a response from MusicTribe part department after a week of multiple emails.  You can't call them anymore as they no longer have a working phone number.  This box was just discontinued in 2016.  It has a "10 year warranty" but no replacement parts for purchase?? Anyone know of a suitable replacement if they totally drop the ball on this? Thanks in advance.

Response from MusicTribe below:

"Regarding your inquiry: Need a RD117 for FlexAarray.
Dear Marc,

I apologize for the delayed response as our parts team has been re-staffed in the previous week. Unfortunately we do not stock the items you have requested any longer. I also checked with our UK team to see if they possibly had these parts but they have never carried them. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you again for contacting us and please let me know if I can be of further assistance or if you have any further question. Alternatively please visit our website for support and further information.

Kind regards

Colton Schaum
Your CARE Parts Champion
Music
Tel:
Web: www.musictribe.com"

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
Re: Turbosound FlexArray Diaphragm Sources
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 03:36:05 PM »

Does anyone have a source for replacement diaphragms for FlexArray boxes (Turbosound RD117) ?
Marc,

The response you got from the Tribe sucks.

The Speaker Exchange in Florida:
https://reconingspeakers.com/product/turbosound-tfa600h-tfa600hw-tfa600hdp-cd117-diaphragm-2/

And Rüegsegger Acoustics in Switzerland:
http://www.sicken.ch/pi/en/turbosound-rd-117-diaphragm-cd-117.html

appear to both carry diaphragms that should work.

Good luck!

Art

Doug Johnson

• Rhoadesville, VA
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 03:42:52 PM »

You might try contacting Steve Payne at Soundworks in Richmond, VA.  He is on this site as well.  He has a sizable inventory of pre-Music Tribe Turbosound.  If anybody will know where to source replacements, it will be him.

Marc Holland

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 05:21:28 PM »

You might try contacting Steve Payne at Soundworks in Richmond, VA.  He is on this site as well.  He has a sizable inventory of pre-Music Tribe Turbosound.  If anybody will know where to source replacements, it will be him.

Thanks Doug.  I tried Steve before I posted.  I bought and odd end from him for this system before.  Even he was stumped.  But, he's checking a source for me.

Marc,

The response you got from the Tribe sucks.

The Speaker Exchange in Florida:
https://reconingspeakers.com/product/turbosound-tfa600h-tfa600hw-tfa600hdp-cd117-diaphragm-2/

And Rüegsegger Acoustics in Switzerland:
http://www.sicken.ch/pi/en/turbosound-rd-117-diaphragm-cd-117.html

appear to both carry diaphragms that should work.

Good luck!

Art

I tried both last week Art.  They both were out of stock.  We are MusicTribe dealers and can't get our hands on them.  Both companies were in the same boat we were in.  I was hoping there was an off the shelf replacement that someone knew of. Thanks though!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 07:35:42 PM »

Does anyone have a source for replacement diaphragms for FlexArray boxes (Turbosound RD117) ? I finally got a response from MusicTribe part department after a week of multiple emails.  You can't call them anymore as they no longer have a working phone number.  This box was just discontinued in 2016.  It has a "10 year warranty" but no replacement parts for purchase?? Anyone know of a suitable replacement if they totally drop the ball on this? Thanks in advance.

Dear Marc,

I apologize for the delayed response as our parts team has been re-staffed in the previous week. Unfortunately we do not stock the items you have requested any longer. I also checked with our UK team to see if they possibly had these parts but they have never carried them. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you again for contacting us and please let me know if I can be of further assistance or if you have any further question. Alternatively please visit our website for support and further information.

Kind regards

Colton Schaum
Your CARE Parts Champion
Music
Tel:

Man I hope they are not hard to find too long or we will have way too many Turbosound boxes!
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Peter Morris

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 11:08:45 PM »

Dear Marc,

Kind regards

Colton Schaum
Your CARE Parts Champion
Music
Tel:

Hi Marc,

I would ask on the Turbosound users facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1945383432352962/

Alberto Escrina

• STS Sound Touring Systems
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 12:24:15 PM »

Hi Marc. If, at this time you are not getting any useful feedback, note that Turbosound as most of system designers/manufacturers, don't make their loudspeakers or compression drivers. They employ OEM devices from several well known manufacturers around the globe.
If you or anyone can put a close picture of the compression driver's outside and inside and the diaphragm itself, perhaps we could identify brand and model for helping you.
Regards,
Alberto Escriña
R&D for STS Sound Touring Systems
Buenos Aires,
Argentina

Rick Alan

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 09:54:54 AM »

Lennox Foster of Sound Media in south FL has the largest inventor of flex and flashline pre MG. If anyone will know it will be him.

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 01:09:00 PM »

I have talked with Marc on the phone and contacted a GB Turbosound friend.  Hopefully we are making progress and finding the parts he needs.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Marc Holland

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 11:26:02 AM »

Thanks everyone.  And thanks Steve! He got the wheel turning.  I finally got the UK parts department to ship me one from their limited remaining stock.  I'm not too optimistic about the future of this box though. It should never take that much effort to track down an essential spare part.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 11:26:02 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.