ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stereo Keys, is it just me?  (Read 7455 times)

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
Re: Stereo Keys, is it just me?
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2019, 08:20:22 AM »

My rigs are all stereo, but more to accommodate asymmetrical rooms than to pan stuff.

Dave

So its dual-mono, not stereo?

I'm surprised at the amount of definition bending in this thread.

Stereo is when everyone can hear BOTH the L/R at roughly the same volume & time (I do not have an answer for how many ms is considered same time, is it related to haas, something else, etc)

Mono is when everyone only hears ONE source

Dual mono, exploded mono, whathaveyou - is probably what most are doing. It's what I'm doing. I 'can' send (pan) a different mix to each main speaker. Most things are mixed mono because each main is only covering its own area. I still run stereo sources into the system and typically hard-pan the sends because of they typically aren't very wide stereo sources (meaning even hard-panned there is plenty of 'mono' content so no one is missing the other main/side).

But on the off-chance, the room is narrow and long and both speakers can adequately cover the entire crowd then that opens up the potential for nice stereo mixes/setups.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Stereo Keys, is it just me?
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2019, 08:20:22 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.