ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues with my audio interface with Waves Multirack  (Read 270 times)

Greg Bartusch

Issues with my audio interface with Waves Multirack
« on: July 16, 2019, 01:56:37 am »

I recently purchased Waves Multirack with c6, Renascence Reverb amd CLA Vocals. I'm running this on a analog  A&H GL2400 with a M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface and I'm using this for live sound in a club.  The problem I am having is when I run the plugin to an insert in a channel, I get distortion when soloing the channel, I had my plugins working the first day, but now I get a distorted sound coming out when using the plugin. I'm not overloading the signal. Should I try a different audio interface? Any suggestions on an interface to use for waves on an analog console? It is very frustrating  that I cant get these plugins dialed in. Any help would be great. Thanks all.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Issues with my audio interface with Waves Multirack
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 02:12:07 am »

Hi Greg-

You say this worked, once?  What changed?  Just power down and walk away or break it all down, move it, possibly use parts elsewhere, then it didn't work?

Is the distortion you hear when soloing an input louder than the signal when the insert is removed?

Is there a possibility of a sample rate difference somewhere?
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Gary Weller

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 09:26:33 am »

Have you tried different sample rates and is your computer optimized for the task?

The latency on the CLA vocals is 193 samples, try it without that and see if it improves. Also the R Verb and CLA Vocals burn a lot of CPU power.I'd recommend a quad core cpu with at least 8 gigs of ram.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 09:41:25 am by Gary Weller »

Greg Bartusch

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 02:37:59 pm »

Hi Greg-

You say this worked, once?  What changed?  Just power down and walk away or break it all down, move it, possibly use parts elsewhere, then it didn't work?

Is the distortion you hear when soloing an input louder than the signal when the insert is removed?

Is there a possibility of a sample rate difference somewhere?
I didn't check the sample rate. I don't exactly know what changed. So my interface is fine to use for this?

Greg Bartusch

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 02:41:29 pm »

Have you tried different sample rates and is your computer optimized for the task?

The latency on the CLA vocals is 193 samples, try it without that and see if it improves. Also the R Verb and CLA Vocals burn a lot of CPU power.I'd recommend a quad core cpu with at least 8 gigs of ram.
I have an older laptop. A Toshiba Satellite i3 processor with 4gig of ram.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 09:12:56 pm »

Try increasing your buffer size. This will increase roundtrip latency, but it's where I'd start with troubleshooting.

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 09:12:56 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.