ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kontrol 6 controller with Tristrip3z.  (Read 1985 times)

Jeff_Wheeler

Kontrol 6 controller with Tristrip3z.
« on: July 15, 2019, 11:50:37 PM »

At least 30 years away from lighting, but they're getting the band back together, for one night. I've got a general grasp of DMX. Have borrowed 4 racks, total of 10, Max Par 70 RGBW from TechnoLEDgy , 2 Mini Kintas, a Kontrol 6 controller, Altman 1000w followspot, from a contemporary who went through this with his old band a few years ago.  All this I'm okay with. The drummer, who's a DJ, has 4 Proline Venue Tristrip3z bars. All I can do is control each bar as a single unit. They have 3 zones. Is there any way to control each zone separately with this controller? He has his own controller, not sure what it is, haven't seen it, he uses for DJing, that allows zone control. He says I should use both controllers, separately, but I'd prefer to do it all with one, if possible. Show day is 7/27.

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
Re: Kontrol 6 controller with Tristrip3z.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 12:27:35 AM »

You can set the TriStrip fixtures to the 9 channel mode and use the Kontrol 6 board to independently control the RGB levels in each of the three zones.  See page 12 of the TriStrip manual for the dmx values.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Jeff_Wheeler

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 11:32:05 AM »

That moment you finally figure out how to use all 3 zones of these strips independently, times 4 strips, then the next moment realizing you'll eat up 12 of your 18 scenes to do all the cool chases you have in your mind. :D

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 11:32:05 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.