ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crown I-Tech Service  (Read 3020 times)

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
Crown I-Tech Service
« on: July 15, 2019, 10:12:42 PM »

I am old and don't remember as well as I did say 35 years or so ago.  Can anyone confirm or deny that Crown will no longer service the original I-Tech amps?  We  just had an I-Tech 4000 go down prior to going into the truck for this week.  Good news, it happened at the shop and not at the job.  The Power light is flashing indicating a fault.  I am thinking that it may be the 'B' ribbon cable.  Seems like this happened on one of my I-Tech 8000s a few years back.

If Crown isn't doing the repairs does anyone know where I might be able to either send the amp or get a new ribbon cable to try?

Peace, Love and Thanks

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Dave Guilford

Re: Crown I-Tech Service
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 10:39:34 PM »

2 years ago I sent a crown IT4000 to them for repair.  They didn’t have the part avail anymore, but they opened it and checked it out before sending it back.

Good luck.  Just give a quick call tomorrow and find out

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 11:22:24 PM »

I am old and don't remember as well as I did say 35 years or so ago.  Can anyone confirm or deny that Crown will no longer service the original I-Tech amps?  We  just had an I-Tech 4000 go down prior to going into the truck for this week.  Good news, it happened at the shop and not at the job.  The Power light is flashing indicating a fault.  I am thinking that it may be the 'B' ribbon cable.  Seems like this happened on one of my I-Tech 8000s a few years back.

If Crown isn't doing the repairs does anyone know where I might be able to either send the amp or get a new ribbon cable to try?

Peace, Love and Thanks

Bill

Try sending the unit to: https://crownservice.aetechron.com/

Last year I sent an xs4300 to the above (no longer serviced by Crown factory service) and they fixed it.

...worth a try...  keep us posted.

Tracy Garner

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 10:25:40 AM »

Peace, Love and Thanks

Bill

Checkout these guys: https://thetonegarage.com/crown-service-repair and they have all the parts

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 11:21:24 AM »

Thanks guys.  Crown says they don't have parts for the original I-Tech amps anymore and that they do not service them.

Bill

schnakesound.com

Woody Nuss

• Santa Monica, CA
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 01:44:27 PM »

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 11:40:09 AM »

To tie this topic off.  I had my tech open up the amp and give it a good cleaning including the ribbon cables and the connectors they go to.  We have ran it under load for 18 hours and it seems to be working fine.  So it looks like a good solid cleaning of all the connectors was all that was needed.  As a back-up we are throwing in an extra Crown 3600vz for the next couple of shows...just in case.

Bill

schnakesound.com

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 02:46:42 PM »

I had my tech open up the amp and give it a good cleaning including the ribbon cables and the connectors they go to. 

I have experienced similar issues in the field and reseating the ribbon cable did the trick. Getting the amp out of the bottom of the rack it was in was the hardest part.

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 02:57:36 PM »

Getting the amp out of the bottom of the rack it was in was the hardest part.

I hate to disagree Steven, the hardest part is putting the amp back in the rack.  hahaha.

Bill

schnakesound.com

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 03:02:12 PM »

I hate to disagree Steven, the hardest part is putting the amp back in the rack.  hahaha.

Bill

Touché, Bill.

"Whose idea was it to put this thing at the bottom of a stack of MacroTechs?"

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 03:02:12 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.