Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Console Connectivity Solutions

X32 won’t output

(1/2) > >>

Mark Woodham:
I have an x32 that was hit by lightning. I have replaced the main pcb board and now have aes working, but upon further inspection there were several capacitors that were blown on the output cards. I ordered replacement cards, but I still do not have any output audio. All of the input audio is sending and hitting the main Left/Right channel, just not actually outputting. Could the power supply card be an issue preventing the audio from leaving the console?

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Mark Woodham on July 15, 2019, 07:14:04 PM ---I have an x32 that was hit by lightning. I have replaced the main pcb board and now have aes working, but upon further inspection there were several capacitors that were blown on the output cards. I ordered replacement cards, but I still do not have any output audio. All of the input audio is sending and hitting the main Left/Right channel, just not actually outputting. Could the power supply card be an issue preventing the audio from leaving the console?

--- End quote ---

What if you send L/R somewhere else?  Have you tried the AES port?  Have you tried all 16 outputs?  What about when you solo it do you hear anything in the headphones?

Jerome Malsack:
also test the headphone output near the talk back.  You should be able to hear the L/R and verify a good signal from the inputs.

Brian Jojade:
Lightning damage is a tough one.  There is often damage found in seemingly random places.  While you may be able to get the device functional, I'd have a hard time putting it back into service and expecting it to be reliable unless everything inside was replaced.

Jean-Pierre Coetzee:
Yeah, I believe there was a discussion on this forum a while ago and any lighting damage is always a complete replacement. Even if something works no, the likelihood that it will remain working is very low.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version