ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 won’t output  (Read 3352 times)

Mark Woodham

X32 won’t output
« on: July 15, 2019, 07:14:04 PM »

I have an x32 that was hit by lightning. I have replaced the main pcb board and now have aes working, but upon further inspection there were several capacitors that were blown on the output cards. I ordered replacement cards, but I still do not have any output audio. All of the input audio is sending and hitting the main Left/Right channel, just not actually outputting. Could the power supply card be an issue preventing the audio from leaving the console?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: X32 won’t output
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 12:31:05 AM »

I have an x32 that was hit by lightning. I have replaced the main pcb board and now have aes working, but upon further inspection there were several capacitors that were blown on the output cards. I ordered replacement cards, but I still do not have any output audio. All of the input audio is sending and hitting the main Left/Right channel, just not actually outputting. Could the power supply card be an issue preventing the audio from leaving the console?

What if you send L/R somewhere else?  Have you tried the AES port?  Have you tried all 16 outputs?  What about when you solo it do you hear anything in the headphones?
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 09:13:49 AM »

also test the headphone output near the talk back.  You should be able to hear the L/R and verify a good signal from the inputs.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 09:38:12 AM »

Lightning damage is a tough one.  There is often damage found in seemingly random places.  While you may be able to get the device functional, I'd have a hard time putting it back into service and expecting it to be reliable unless everything inside was replaced.
Brian Jojade

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 02:24:28 AM »

Yeah, I believe there was a discussion on this forum a while ago and any lighting damage is always a complete replacement. Even if something works no, the likelihood that it will remain working is very low.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 02:00:08 PM »

I would also be looking at the other equipment that was connected to the mixer at the time of the lighting strike.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 03:14:20 PM »

Drive-by posting.  He never logged back in again.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 06:57:47 PM »

Drive-by posting.  He never logged back in again.

I always wonder how many new users with only one post are waiting for an e-mail notification...

-Russ

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 02:10:53 PM »

I always wonder how many new users with only one post are waiting for an e-mail notification...

-Russ

Hard to say.  I post enough that I disabled email notifications for replies, but don't get them for PMs or when users click on the email icon under my avatar.

I guess Electronic Home Publishing is content to let the software die.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 05:32:06 PM »

-Russ

I would say of the one post new users it's about 50 50, with the other 50% not coming back because they didn't get the answer they wanted.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 05:32:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.