ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing my DSP  (Read 13494 times)

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Re: Replacing my DSP
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2019, 06:22:48 PM »

Not to beat a dead horse, but were you using a driverack (or other DSP) before? Or just running them full range?

I was using a DBX 4800 Drive rack. BTW I am not a fan of the dbx venu360.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2019, 08:42:41 PM »

I was using a DBX 4800 Drive rack. BTW I am not a fan of the dbx venu360.

I was about to order a Venu360 to allow remote muting and level control for a front fill speaker system that is not otherwise controllable by Audio Architect.  Not doing loudspeaker component alignments or rocket surgery.  I might use it to HP the fills, too.  I played with the control software in demo mode and it seems possible to do what I need; is there something I'm missing about the device itself?  Is there another HiQNet device I should consider?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2019, 10:09:51 PM »

I was about to order a Venu360 to allow remote muting and level control for a front fill speaker system that is not otherwise controllable by Audio Architect.  Not doing loudspeaker component alignments or rocket surgery.  I might use it to HP the fills, too.  I played with the control software in demo mode and it seems possible to do what I need; is there something I'm missing about the device itself?  Is there another HiQNet device I should consider?

If it would be any advantage to you I have one of the Venu360-D Dante versions on the shelf.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2019, 10:47:44 PM »

If it would be any advantage to you I have one of the Venu360-D Dante versions on the shelf.

I was a big dummy.  Until you mentioned Dante I just figured the RJ45 on the back spoke HiQNet.  It does not. :(  I will pursue other avenues.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2019, 10:54:11 PM »

BLU-50's are cheap new, All the other BLUs are cheap on Ebay. If you need it to be a DSP, and have XLRs, you might just be limited to 4800s, which should really be cheap at this point as they are dinosaurs. If they aren't self powered front fills, there are only like 20 different HiQnet amps to choose from.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2019, 11:32:05 PM »

I was a big dummy.  Until you mentioned Dante I just figured the RJ45 on the back spoke HiQNet.  It does not. :(  I will pursue other avenues.

It has been a while since I played with one but I think it either needed a crossover Cat cable or it is only the USB that works to control it. It wasn't as logical as all of the other DBX DSPs that I have used and that is almost everyone that they make.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2019, 01:23:17 PM »

BLU-50's are cheap new, All the other BLUs are cheap on Ebay. If you need it to be a DSP, and have XLRs, you might just be limited to 4800s, which should really be cheap at this point as they are dinosaurs. If they aren't self powered front fills, there are only like 20 different HiQnet amps to choose from.

They are powered boxes and not from the Harman family.  Was actually looking a Blu-100, it would nicely handle a couple of things, like being my "mixer switcher" plus give me inputs for house music, MC and VOG.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2019, 01:23:17 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.