ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADX1 WWB6 ShowLink Spectrum Manager issue  (Read 859 times)

Mike Kahrs

ADX1 WWB6 ShowLink Spectrum Manager issue
« on: July 12, 2019, 03:38:19 PM »

Had an interesting problem last night.  The AXT600 (Spectrum Manager) pushed out, via Showlink, a new frequency to the ADX1 belt pack.  Alas, it didn't tell the receiver, and the transmitter was suddenly transmitting on a new, un-monitored frequency.  I could look at the receiver and see the battery slowly losing charge, and all the other telemetry items that Showlink carries, but there was no RF activity.

I have: six AD4Q receivers, 22 ADX belt packs and handhelds, two 610 Showlink Tx/Rx units, a Spectrum Manager, chargers, etc., and a robust wired network, using Dante for monitoring on a mixer with a Dante card, and sending analog outputs to the split head.

I "zeroed" everything, put all the ADX1 in slot 1, all the ADX2 in slot 2, named the ADX1 & 2 with unique "names" so I could see which 610 was controlling which Tx, and synced everything manually (Tx to Rx via IR).  Thankfully, I ran the timeline on all channels.  The timeline right sidebar shows a frequency change at the precise time the audio dropped.

Opinions?  Thanks.
Why know when you can guess...

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: ADX1 WWB6 ShowLink Spectrum Manager issue
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 04:21:50 PM »

Had an interesting problem last night.  The AXT600 (Spectrum Manager) pushed out, via Showlink, a new frequency to the ADX1 belt pack.  Alas, it didn't tell the receiver, and the transmitter was suddenly transmitting on a new, un-monitored frequency.  I could look at the receiver and see the battery slowly losing charge, and all the other telemetry items that Showlink carries, but there was no RF activity.

I have: six AD4Q receivers, 22 ADX belt packs and handhelds, two 610 Showlink Tx/Rx units, a Spectrum Manager, chargers, etc., and a robust wired network, using Dante for monitoring on a mixer with a Dante card, and sending analog outputs to the split head.

I "zeroed" everything, put all the ADX1 in slot 1, all the ADX2 in slot 2, named the ADX1 & 2 with unique "names" so I could see which 610 was controlling which Tx, and synced everything manually (Tx to Rx via IR).  Thankfully, I ran the timeline on all channels.  The timeline right sidebar shows a frequency change at the precise time the audio dropped.

Opinions?  Thanks.

were you able to duplicate the failure?
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: ADX1 WWB6 ShowLink Spectrum Manager issue
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 04:21:50 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.