ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLVED - MIPRO in WWB  (Read 4154 times)

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
SOLVED - MIPRO in WWB
« on: July 12, 2019, 01:23:34 PM »

Hi all!

One of the venues I work for just picked up some MIPRO wireless, and I'm trying to add them to the house coordination in WWB. I'm trying to build an equipment profile for them, but I'm having a doozy of a time finding the information I need to do that. Does someone have a MIPRO 300 and/or 700 series WWB equipment profile they'd be willing to share?

Thanks!

-Russ
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 07:49:39 PM by Russell Ault »

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
Re: MIPRO in WWB
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 05:35:20 PM »

One of the venues I work for just picked up some MIPRO wireless, and I'm trying to add them to the house coordination in WWB. I'm trying to build an equipment profile for them, but I'm having a doozy of a time finding the information I need to do that. Does someone have a MIPRO 300 and/or 700 series WWB equipment profile they'd be willing to share?
I actually had to deal with this same problem earlier this week. A call to Avlex proved less than helpful. However I found a spreadsheet that helps you reverse engineer the parameters. I can send you the profile files for both later today. Will probably share via google drive.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 07:12:06 PM »

I actually had to deal with this same problem earlier this week. A call to Avlex proved less than helpful. However I found a spreadsheet that helps you reverse engineer the parameters. I can send you the profile files for both later today. Will probably share via google drive.

One of the things I love about these forums is that so often some has already invented the wheel, and they're willing to share the design.

I'd appreciate the profiles, but I think I'd appreciate the spreadsheet even more (teach myself how to fish, if you will). Where did you find it?

Thanks!

-Russ

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 12:46:27 PM »

I'm happy for correction by those more versed in RF on any of this.

As far as I can tell a profile for WWB really just consists of a very few numbers.
- Tuning Range & step size
- Fixed vs Tracking front end
- Front end filter selectivity
- Minimum channel to channel spacing
- Minimum channel to IM products for various IM orders. Typically at minimum 2TX3O, 2TX5O, and 3TX3O.

It's easy to find Tuning range and step size and anything with a tracking front end will tell you that. I've not found a good way to get the filter selectivity so I've err'ed on the side of setting that wider than required so it's down to finding the channel spacing and IM spacing.

I found a really helpful spreadsheet at: http://rfcoordinationnyc.com/downloads.html

Using this spreadsheet you can entered the frequencies from one of the group/channel sets from the manufacturer at a time. The spreadsheet will then tell you the minimum channel spacing and IM spacing that exist in the preset group. I figure that's a good start for basing a profile on. Using this method I found the following info for the MiPro 3 & 7 series. The first number is based on their groups with less frequencies, and the second based on their groups with more frequencies. I figure that the first might be like the Shure Standard profile and the second like More Frequencies.

3 Series
Channel Spacing 575 kHz/500 kHz
2TX3O 275 kHz / 200 kHz
2TX5O 250 kHz / 100 kHz
3TX3O 150 kHz / 0 kHz

7 Series
Channel Spacing 500 kHz / 400 kHz
2TX3O 300 kHz / 200 kHz
2TX5O 300 kHz / 0 kHz
3TX3O 200 kHz / 25 kHz

Hope this helps.

Philip

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 07:49:00 PM »

I found a really helpful spreadsheet at: http://rfcoordinationnyc.com/downloads.html

Huh, I looked at that spreadsheet a while ago and totally missed this feature. Good find!

3 Series
Channel Spacing 575 kHz/500 kHz
2TX3O 275 kHz / 200 kHz
2TX5O 250 kHz / 100 kHz
3TX3O 150 kHz / 0 kHz

7 Series
Channel Spacing 500 kHz / 400 kHz
2TX3O 300 kHz / 200 kHz
2TX5O 300 kHz / 0 kHz
3TX3O 200 kHz / 25 kHz

For what it's worth, the frequency band I threw in for a 3-series "standard" test dumped out 250 kHz instead of 275 for 2T3O, not that this will likely make a huge difference for anyone.

Anyway, that spreadsheet and your equipment settings are both exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, Philip!

-Russ

Mark Hannah

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 01:16:31 PM »

When I visit the link, I receive a Page Not Found error. When using the root URL, it dumps me to https://www.abmetalfabricators.com/.

I've seen this URL posted for years now so perhaps something has happened in the last month since you made the post.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: SOLVED - MIPRO in WWB
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 01:57:19 PM »

When I visit the link, I receive a Page Not Found error. When using the root URL, it dumps me to https://www.abmetalfabricators.com/.

I've seen this URL posted for years now so perhaps something has happened in the last month since you made the post.
Just checked the link, seems to be fine.

-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 02:24:15 PM »

Clicking on the link quoted in your post works for me.

Mac

Mark Hannah

Re: SOLVED - MIPRO in WWB
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2019, 02:40:50 PM »

Just checked the link, seems to be fine.

Thank you both for checking.

Eric Dahl

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2021, 04:15:37 PM »

Hi Philip.  I found this thread searching for profiles for the MiPro systems.  Would you be able to send me the profiles you made?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2021, 04:15:37 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.