ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: FOH magazine subscription?  (Read 7533 times)

Douglas R. Allen

FOH magazine subscription?
« on: July 11, 2019, 07:45:36 AM »

I received a phone call regarding my FOH subscription yesterday. The lady talked in very bad broken English and was VERY forward and didn't want to slow down for me at all.  I gave up trying to understand her and just hung up.  Does FOH use a calling center or was this a scam of some sort?
I've never been called before on anything like this before.

Douglas R. Allen

scottstephens

Re: FOH magazine subscription?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 11:00:36 AM »

Doug,

They have never called me. I am guessing it was a scam. They, like every other mag, has you renew on-line. Lately, I've been answering weird numbers by saying things like  "104.4 you are on the air" or "5th floor, accounting...how can I help you?"  It's fun to mess with them.

Scott

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:55:10 AM »

How does the robot react?
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 12:57:26 PM »

I used to get calls and frequent notices from FOH to renew. It eventually aggravated me enough that I simply cancelled my subscription.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 02:37:03 PM »

As far as I know, free trade mags like these are required by their advertisers to verify once a year that you still want to receive their product. If you renew online or by calling them, they won't call you.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 02:50:27 PM »

As far as I know, free trade mags like these are required by their advertisers to verify once a year that you still want to receive their product. If you renew online or by calling them, they won't call you.

Yes.  The ABC - Audit Bureau of Circulation.  They verify for advertisers that the publication is not randomly sending copies to people who don't request (or read) the publication in order to inflate circulation numbers.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 07:15:14 PM »

Yes.  The ABC - Audit Bureau of Circulation.  They verify for advertisers that the publication is not randomly sending copies to people who don't request (or read) the publication in order to inflate circulation numbers.

For a year now I have been getting FOH & the lighting one with a brown wrapper . They ask if I want to get rid of the wrapper, please resubscibe. I also get email saying it will be canceled unless I update.

They never stop sending it.  Maybe when I move it won’t follow?
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 08:23:17 PM »

Not sure when or how, but I finally managed to get rid of all my trade mag subscriptions. Don't get any more filling up my mail box. They were interesting the first couple years in the business when I didn't know anything. But then after I realized they just recycle all of their articles every 18 months, and use manufacturer press releases as filler I lost interest in them.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 11:14:13 AM »

For a year now I have been getting FOH & the lighting one with a brown wrapper . They ask if I want to get rid of the wrapper, please resubscibe. I also get email saying it will be canceled unless I update.

They never stop sending it.  Maybe when I move it won’t follow?

I've been getting that for about 3 years now.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 12:10:32 PM »

All these 'free' mags get their advertising dollars based on their circulation, so it behooves them to keep sending, wanted or not.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 12:10:32 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.