Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Riedel  (Read 1219 times)

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Riedel
« on: July 10, 2019, 09:04:01 AM »

Riedel - Artist1024, smart panels and Bolero... Who has had experience yet?
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Elliot Carroll

Re: Riedel
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 09:16:33 AM »

Riedel - Artist1024, smart panels and Bolero... Who has had experience yet?

I haven't had experience with the Artist1024 Frame yet, but I just did a show with some of the DSP-2312 Smart Panels and Bolero.

I'm sure you know all about Bolero, it's great, enough said.

I wasn't too hot on the smart panels...
1. Compared to older panels, it feels like they take an eternity to boot up.  So if you don't have the luxury of every panel being on a UPS, take note of that.
2. They are heavy, which you think may not matter, until you get an A1 or somebody else who usually found a way to put the old panel on the console where an ipad usually goes (think CL5), or people who put their panels on laptop stands to move them off a table, etc...
3.  They are slower to navigate.  Because they are "Smart", they have a more digital feel to them.  So to adjust the volume of each key you have to touch the LCD screen and "highlight" the channel (it will have a grey background), then you have use the one master knob to mute or adjust volume.
4.  I noticed they were louder than the old panels.  Everyone who had a newer smart panel I had to gain down their mics 6-9db.  Not sure if that was coincidence or not...

Honestly I would say if you aren't using the Smart Panels for the specific reason of mediornet control, or your whole show is based on AVB infrastructure, just keep using the old panels.

Elliot Carroll
ESC Audio Services
Bend, Oregon

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Riedel
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 09:16:33 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.