ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey USB-P issues  (Read 10838 times)

Jon Roelfs

Peavey USB-P issues
« on: July 08, 2019, 02:44:05 PM »

I have a Peavey USB-P and the USB connector is very loose. The cable falls out far enough to cause the device to disconnect. The cable pulls out almost 3/16" just from the weight of the cable. I purchased this brand new from an authorized retailer and am now waiting on my third replacement to resolve this. I tried four different USB cables with the same results. They are all different brands and ages. Is there a magical USB cable that works and stays connected to this thing? Covering it in gaff tape is not the solution I am after.

Paul Miller

Re: Peavey USB-P issues
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 02:58:58 AM »

Jon I realize this won't help your situation, but the two USB-Ps that I've encountered have not had any trouble keeping a standard USB-B connector snugly in place. I have mostly higher-quality Belkin USB cables but a generic hasn't posed a problem either.

Jon Roelfs

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 03:55:05 PM »

Jon I realize this won't help your situation, but the two USB-Ps that I've encountered have not had any trouble keeping a standard USB-B connector snugly in place. I have mostly higher-quality Belkin USB cables but a generic hasn't posed a problem either.
The Belkin cable I have reads "Belkin Pro Series USB Shielded 2.0 Compliant Cable For Optimum Data Communication". No idea if this is considered high quality or not.

Jon Roelfs

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 02:17:52 PM »

Same issue with the third box.

Will Knight

• Queens, NY
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 02:55:17 PM »

Same issue with the third box.

Odd John.  I too have the Peavey and it's been trouble free from a USB connection standpoint since purchased.  I've used it at least 2 dozen times just in the last couple of months, with all types of USB cables.....Maybe a bad production run of the units?!?!...
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value — Albert Einstein.

Jon Roelfs

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 07:48:08 PM »

I dumped out my entire misc cable box and found one more cable. It's marked "BizLink Technology" and probably came with something I purchased. It fits the best of all the cables I have tried but not snug like other USB devices I have. The DAC functions flawlessly when connected. It's a good upgrade over the 1/8" headphone jack which I'm sure everyone here knows.

No idea if it's a bad production run or not. They were all from the same authorized retailer on the east coast. The item was back ordered for a few weeks between each return. I noticed with other retailers that this is more often back ordered or out of stock also. No clue if this is a supply issue or low production quantity or what. Peavey did confirm once that it would be about 30 days for more to come in. I'm still on the lookout for a good cable that fits snug.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 01:45:02 PM »

I know a while back, there were some that ended up with one or both channels inverted (flipped polarity). Most likely due to poor quality control at the transformer manufacturer; since everything's on a printed circuit board (no internal wires), it's impossible to screw up final assembly.

I have one of those with an inverted channel. When you sum to mono, it cancels.

I identified the inverted channel by playing back a sound, recording it, and comparing the waveform to the original.

Long past warranty; tried emailing Peavey and never got a response; never bothered trying to call. Really, it's the sort of manufacturing defect that should not be subject to warranty, but I didn't have my act together so there's probably not much I can expect from Peavey.

Previous discussion here: https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,166398
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 01:50:54 PM by Jonathan Johnson »
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Taylor Hall

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 02:21:23 PM »

I've had hit-or-miss success with USB-B connectors in the past as well. When no combination of cables seemed to work I rigged up my own solution using a spare strain relief collar that I pulled up snug against the cable end and then taped the collar to the device (I think it was a USB printer server). Worked fine the rest of the time I owned it, though it also stayed stationary its whole life so YMMV.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Jon Roelfs

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 06:49:38 PM »

Same issue with the fourth box. I give up on returning this thing and rigged my own fix. Not a happy customer but life will go on.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 06:58:02 PM »

Get what ya pay for.
Just get a Radial USB-DI. "Buy once, cry once".
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 06:58:02 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.